Yogi's most memorable sayings
In addition to his stellar play on the field, Yogi Berra, the legendary Yankee who passed away Tuesday at the age of 90, was known for his memorable quips. His remarks helped sculpt his image, even though he sometimes denied speaking some of the phrases attributed to him, once saying, "I really didn't say everything I said."
As we remember Yogi, here is a sampling of some of his most famous sayings.
• "It ain't over 'til it's over."
• About a St. Louis restaurant: "No one goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
• About the effect of the sun in left field in the old Yankee Stadium during late-season games: "It gets late early out there."
• About Bill Dickey: "He learned me all his experience."
• "You can observe a lot by watching."
• "If people don't want to come to the ballpark, how are you going to stop them?"
• "We made too many wrong mistakes."
• "Pie a la mode, with ice cream."
• "I wish I had an answer to that, because I'm tired of answering that question."
• "You tell the stupidest questions."
• "Pair 'em up in threes."
• The recording heard on the Yogi Berra Museum and Learning Center's phone: "This message won't be over 'til it's done."
• And last but not least: "It's deja vu all over again."