1. Personal Information We Collect
We Collect Personal Information You Choose To Provide. You may visit and enjoy many elements of the MLB Properties without disclosing any personal information about yourself. However, if you choose to make use of select, special or enhanced elements of the MLB Properties, you may need to share with us certain personal information so those elements may function properly. When you use certain enhanced elements within the MLB Properties (e.g., create a profile, register for a promotion, make a purchase or publish a comment), the personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Full name,
- Email address,
- Street address,
- Telephone number(s),
- Birth date,
- Payment card information,
- IP addresses,
- Location data and
- Contacts (as stored in your wireless device).
If we collect your information, in most instances, the applicable page(s) or location(s) within the MLB Property will include statements regarding what information is required and functionality for you to submit required or requested information.
2. How, and for What Purpose, We Use and Share Your Personal Information
- To provide you with information you have requested, or with products, services or content you have purchased, used or otherwise engaged with (e.g., a sweepstakes, rewards program, subscription to goods or services, etc.) and to communicate with you (including via postal mail) about the same;
- To communicate with you about the league or MLB Club(s) applicable to your interactions with the MLB Properties and about products, services, sponsors, partners or affiliates related to a purchase you have made or rules or terms to which you have agreed, to the extent the sending of such communication is permissible under applicable law;
- With one or more MLB Clubs or other MLB Entities, to the extent you've submitted information or accessed functionality or content that relates specifically to such MLB Club(s) or other MLB Entities (e.g., you've asked to receive the email newsletter of an MLB Club or you've made an MLB Club-specific purchase), so we and they may learn more about fans like you, add you to the MLB Club's postal mail list, and provide better services to you;
- To send you periodic surveys to help improve the MLB Properties or your Major League Baseball experience;
- In connection with loyalty, membership or rewards programs operated or accessible from the MLB Properties;
- When the personally identifying components of your information are removed, we may use and share such anonymized information for internal purposes amongst MLB Entities (e.g., to learn about the age distribution of our users);
- In accordance with any other permission you provide at the time you submit such information to us; and
- To provide your personal information to other MLB Entities where necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
For customers in the EEA, we are required to give you information about the legal basis on which we process your personal information. In some cases, such as where you have purchased a service, the processing of your personal information will be necessary in order to perform a contract with you. In many other cases, the processing will be necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests we are pursuing, namely the facilitation of the purposes for which your personal information is processed as set out above.
3. Other Information Collected
Technical Information. When you use the MLB Properties, we use software tools, including but not limited to cookies (small amounts of data which include a unique string of characters sent to your browser or application from a website's computers and stored on your computer's or device's hard drive), web beacons (technology used to track activity, also known as pixel tags) and similar technologies, to collect a variety of information, for example the IP address of the computer or device used to access an MLB Property, the type of Internet browser or operating system used to access an MLB Property, the date and duration of a Website visit or the IP address used to access the Website. We use such technical information for internal purposes, for example to study and improve the response times of our Website. We may associate such technical information with personal information you provide to us as described in Section 1 above, in which case we will treat such associated information as personal information. Please be advised that associating technical information with personal information may be required for us, and our Service Providers, to recognize you and your communications with us, for example to retain your newsletter preferences or enable your use of a "shopping cart." Customers within the EEA will be asked for consent prior to the setting of cookies.
Location Data. When you use an MLB Property via a wireless device we may solicit your permission to collect your location data. Some features within our Applications (e.g., live Major League Baseball game video or location-based offers) may only function upon confirmation of your location, and therefore such features will not be available if you choose not to provide your location data to us. The specificity of the location data collected may depend on a number of factors, including the device you are using (e.g., laptop, smartphone, tablet) and how you are connected to the Internet (e.g., via cable broadband connection, WiFi). If you enable location services for our Applications, we may collect location data (e.g., zip code) periodically as you use or leave open our Applications. We use such location information for internal purposes and to improve your MLB Property experience, for example to understand where our users are most successfully accessing the MLB Properties. We may associate such location information with personal information you provide to us as described in Section 1 above, in which case we will treat such associated information as personal information. Depending on the platform you use to access our Applications (e.g., Apple's iOS, Google's Android) you may be able to control whether location data is collected from within "Settings" or other controls on your wireless device or the Applications.
Our Access to Your Contacts. When you use our Games, we may solicit your permission to access your contacts list (e.g., address book) so you can be matched with individuals from your contacts list who participate in our Games and you can invite your friends to play. We will not store the information in your contacts list except to manage your Game invitations.
To facilitate the activity described above, we use a third party to convert your email address into a unique code (hashed email address), which is then provided to the advertiser.
Other Advertising. We share certain data with Social Networks (as defined below) such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Snapchat to allow us to target existing users and customers with highly relevant advertising campaigns. We will not share your name, address, email address or telephone number for the purposes of such campaigns. Instead, a unique code (hashed email address) is shared with the applicable Social Network in order for that identifier to be matched against existing users of the relevant Social Network and to identify potentially relevant audiences for targeted advertising. We use services such as LinkedIn Matched Audiences and Facebook Custom Audiences for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive advertisements in this way, please follow the links in the paragraph above.
In addition to advertisements for our own goods and services, we may also facilitate third parties to advertise their own goods and services including by targeting those advertisements to those that might be most interested in them. These advertisements may be shown within our Games. This is done using information which does not include your name, address, email address or telephone number and we will not share or sell any of your personal information to third party advertisers. In order to provide advertisements relevant to you, your IP address will be used, as well as your operating system and device type. Information about your particular device will be used to show you advertisements which work properly on that device.
Device ID. When you use certain MLB Properties, we or our Service Provider may collect your unique Device ID. We may use such information for internal purposes and to provide you a better MLB Property experience, for example to troubleshoot Application problems you may experience or provide you rewards or offers in connection with your Game activity. We may associate Device ID with personal information you provide to us as described in Section 1 above, in which case we will treat such associated information as personal information. You may learn more about our Service Provider for Mobile Games and opt out of any anonymous Device ID collection via the privacy settings available within your mobile device.
4. Other Circumstances When Your Data May Be Shared
- Aggregated and Anonymous Information. We may share aggregated, anonymous information with any third party. This information is not linked to personal information that can identify you or another individual person. Amongst other reasons, this information may be shared for analytics advertising purposes. As with many websites, we use Google Analytics to understand how you and other visitors engage with MLB Properties. If you don't want Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the Google Analytics browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout). You can learn more about Google Analytics and privacy here: (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
- Business Transfers. As time passes, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. may be sold along with its assets, or other corporate transactions may occur. In such a case, our customer information may be one of the business assets we transfer.
5. Transferring Your Personal Information Across Borders
For customers in the EEA we are obliged to provide certain information relating to the transfer of your personal information outside the EEA. Where you have purchased a service, it may often be necessary to transfer your personal information in order to perform a contract with you. In addition, we may in some circumstances rely on your express consent. If you submit personal information to us, or to a Service Provider, via the MLB Properties, you will be voluntarily transferring this personal information to the United States, a jurisdiction which does not provide the same framework as the EEA for the protection of personal information. The same will be the case in relation to your personal information which is collected when you use MLB Properties as specified above.
6. Managing Your Personal Information
You may choose and control what information you provide about yourself and certain information which is automatically collected via the MLB Properties. If you do not wish to provide certain information necessary for enhanced functionality or content on the MLB Properties, please do not use such functionality or content. If you have registered for an account through our Website, you may review and revise certain of your account information by clicking here to log in, and then navigating the left-hand menu options. You may modify your subscriptions to our various promotional email communications and newsletters by accessing the "Email Subscriptions" section within your Website account.
If you want to review or revise the personal information you provided during Website registration or in connection with certain Website purchases, or change the promotional email communications or newsletters you receive from us, you may click here to log in, and then click on the applicable left-hand menu option(s). If you want to review or revise other personal information you have provided to us, or to close your account(s) and have us delete the applicable account personal information (except what is needed for record-keeping purposes) call Customer Service at 866-800-1275.
Remember that when you share information publicly online, it may be indexable by search engines or recorded by others, and any search engine index or record of your information may persist after you delete the information at the original source.
For customers in the EEA, you have the right to see a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that this information is accurate and kept up to date.
In addition, subject to limitations as provided for by applicable data protection legislation you have the right to request the erasure of your personal data or the restriction of its processing, or the transfer of your personal data to another data controller. Please contact us as specified below if you wish to do so.
7. Other Information; Contact Us
- No Spyware or Adware. We do not install any Spyware or Adware in connection with the MLB Properties, or distribute any commercial message, or authorize any third party to distribute any commercial message, by means of Spyware or Adware. "Spyware" or "Adware" is any software which has been downloaded to or installed on an Internet user's computer or device, without the user's actual consent, and facilitates the distribution of any commercial message to the user. If you feel you may have Spyware from another company installed on your machine, there are various anti-Spyware/Adware software applications available on the Internet to identify if this has occurred.
- Our Security Practices. The account information associated with the MLB Properties is password protected for your privacy and security. You choose your password for the MLB Properties so the strength of that password is determined by you. We recommend that you choose a unique password and not share your password with anyone else. In certain areas, we use industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
MLB Advanced Media, L.P.
75 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY 10011
Phone: (646) 495-4091
Fax: (212) 485-8111
LAST UPDATED AND EFFECTIVE DATE: September 3, 2019