2022 MLB Season Pick 'Em
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPACT YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND PARTICIPANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
1) Introduction: The Season Pick ‘Em contest (“SPE”) invites participants to compete by submitting predictions regarding which Major League Baseball (“MLB”) players (each, a “Player”) and MLB Clubs (“Clubs”) you think will lead the Season in nine (9) categories described below (each, a “Challenge”). For purposes of this contest, the “Season” shall mean, collectively, all regular season games played by the thirty (30) Clubs in 2022. For the avoidance of doubt, Spring Training, exhibition (for example, the All-Star Game) and Postseason games will not be factored into SPE scoring. To enter, you must have an MLB.com account and complete and use the SPE entry form to submit a prediction for each of the nine (9) Challenges. Your goal is to use your skill and knowledge of MLB to try to predict the correct Player or Club for each of the nine (9) Challenges. Void in the Province of Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation.
SPE is open only to legal residents of the United States (including its commonwealths, territories and possessions) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are, as of the time of SPE entry, registered users of MLB.com, legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (and at least eighteen (18) years of age) and not otherwise ineligible per the terms of this Section 2. Excluded individuals may play, but WILL NOT be eligible to receive any prize. Employees, officers, and directors and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household (whether or not related) of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“Sponsor”), the other MLB Entities (as defined below), West Realm Shires Services Inc. (the “Prize Provider” or “FTX”), each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, governors, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, licensees, sponsors, and advertising/promotion agencies, any contest prize provider or commercial sponsor, and any other entity associated with SPE, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) are not eligible to participate or win. The “MLB Entities” shall mean Sponsor, the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the MLB Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, and agents of the foregoing entities.
3) Entry Period: The entry period to SPE will begin at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 6, 2022, and end at 5:00 p.m. ET on April 21, 2022 (“Entry Period”). Registered participants must submit their entry forms, including answers to the tiebreakers, prior to the close of the Entry Period to receive an entry.
4) How to Enter: To submit an entry, you must be a registered user of MLB.com. You may enter via mlb.com/seasonpickem. Click on the contest banners, buttons, and/or links for SPE to log-in to your MLB.com account and complete and submit the SPE entry form. By successfully transmitting a completed entry form, including your date of birth and agreement to these Official Rules, you will be entered in the contest. MLB.com account registration is free. Incomplete entries are void.
5) Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person and per valid e-mail address. If you submit more than one (1) entry, the entry you submitted nearest to the close of the Entry Period will be considered your one (1) valid entry. In other words, the last entry you submit prior to the close of the Entry Period is the only valid entry for SPE; any other entry you submit is void.
6) Selections; Scoring:
Follow the instructions provided on the entry form to specify the Player or Club, as applicable, (each a “Selection”) that you predict will finish first in each of the below-listed Challenge categories. For purposes of these Official Rules, “Moonblasts” means home runs that are officially recorded by MLB as four hundred twenty five (425) feet or greater in distance.
- American League champion
- National League champion
- World Series champion
- American League Moonblasts leader (individual player)
- National League Moonblasts leader (individual player)
- American League Most Valuable Player Award winner
- National League Most Valuable Player Award winner
- American League Cy Young Award winner
- National League Cy Young Award winner
Note the entry form fields for submitting your Player-specific Selections will provide a drop-down menu from which you may select a listed Player or select “Write-In” to write in an unlisted Player. If you write in a player, you must provide the player’s full first and full last name and you must spell the player’s name correctly. If you do not submit both first and last names in their entirety or you mis-spell the player’s name, your entry may be voided.
Note the entry form will provide only a drop-down menu for submitting your Club-specific Selections. There is no opportunity to write in a Club during the entry process, so if MLB expands to more than thirty (30) Clubs during the Season, additional Club(s) will not be considered for purposes of SPE. If your Selection is for a Club which moves to a different city or changes its name during the Season, your Selection will be scored as if the Club has not made such change.
Each correct Selection is worth ten (10) points. In the event that a Challenge has two (2) or more correct answers (for example, Mike Trout and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. tie for American League MVP), then all contestants who predicted any of the correct answers will receive ten (10) points for the relevant Selection points.
The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to SPE scoring and in all other SPE matters.
7) Prize; Prize Terms: SPE features one (1) Grand Prize, as set forth below. Only one (1) prize will be awarded, subject to the below requirements.
The winner, if any, will have the choice to receive either (a) Bitcoin transferred to the winner’s FTX account (pre-existing or newly established) in an amount equivalent to USD$100,000 as of the time the transfer is initiated by the Prize Provider (“Crypto Grand Prize”) or (b) a USD$100,000 cash prize paid by either the Prize Provider or Sponsor (as determined by Sponsor) as a lump sum check (“Cash Grand Prize”). Once the winner has chosen either the Crypto Grand Prize or the Cash Grand Prize, the winner cannot change their choice. The Crypto Grand Prize and Cash Grand Prize are each a “Grand Prize”, and only one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $100,000 USD.
If, for any reason, the Prize Provider is unable to provide Bitcoin as the Crypto Grand Prize, or the winner is unable to establish a FTX account as required herein, including because the winner resides in New York or another jurisdiction where FTX accounts are not available, then, the winner will be provided the Cash Grand Prize instead.
In order to receive the Crypto Grand Prize, you must possess or establish a FTX account within thirty (30) days of Prize Notification (as defined below). FTX accounts are free to set up, but require you to provide FTX with a copy of your government identification and/or your social security number and otherwise comply with FTX ’s account registration requirements, including with respect to geographic eligibility. To create a FTX account, you must provide the required information as instructed by FTX and complete FTX ’s required verification process. By creating a FTX account, you agree to the FTX terms and conditions, currently accessible at: https://help.ftx.us/hc/en-us/articles/360043578573-Terms-of-Service. If you do not agree to such terms and conditions, you cannot create a FTX account.
Winner is not required to purchase any cryptocurrency or tokens or to otherwise make a purchase in order to establish a FTX account.
CRYPTOCURRENCY VALUES CAN FLUCTUATE SUBSTANTIALLY, SUCH THAT LOSS OF VALUE (POSSIBLY ALL VALUE) COULD OCCUR AFTER THE CRYPTO GRAND PRIZE IS TRANSFERRED TO WINNER’S FTX ACCOUNT. Winner acknowledges and agrees that the USD value of the Crypto Grand Prize received may be higher or lower than the USD value of the Crypto Grand Prize advertised. Winner will not be entitled to a check, cash, or other form of payment for any difference between USD$100,000 and the value of the Crypto Grand Prize at the time it is received by or accessible to the winner. Winner also acknowledges that exchanging Bitcoin for other currency (for example, United States or Canadian dollars or for another cryptocurrency) usually incurs a transaction fee that will reduce the amount of total funds available.
Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable taxes (including income and withholding taxes). Potential winner is advised to consult an accountant or tax professional to determine tax implications in accepting and using any Grand Prize. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use which are not specifically included in the prize description above, including without limitation transferring, selling, liquidating, and/or converting cryptocurrency, are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Grand Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion.
8) Determining the Winner; Notification: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the eligible entrant who achieves the highest score, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion based on official MLB results, will win the Grand Prize. In the event of a tie, the following terms will apply:
- Sponsor will review the tied entrants’ answers to the first tiebreaker question, which answers will be in the form of a numerical prediction. Sponsor will award the prize to the entrant whose prediction for the first tiebreaker question is closest to matching the actual outcome of events contemplated in such question, regardless of whether the tiebreaker prediction is higher or lower than the actual outcome of events.
- If a tie remains after Sponsor applies the first tiebreaker, Sponsor will review the tied entrants’ answers to the second tiebreaker question, which answers will be in the form of a numerical prediction. Sponsor will award the prize to the entrant whose prediction for the second tiebreaker question is closest to matching the actual outcome of events contemplated in such question, regardless of whether the tiebreaker prediction is higher or lower than the actual outcome of events.
- In the event that the tie is still not broken after applying the two (2) tiebreakers, the prize will be divided equally among all remaining tied, eligible participants.
The potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) within approximately three (3) business days following the conclusion of SPE (“Prize Notification”). Entrants are solely responsible for monitoring their email and voice message systems for SPE-related notifications. Sponsor and Prize Provider will have the right, in their discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to them (for example, government-issued photo identification) for winner verification purposes. Except where legally prohibited, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any potential winner and to disqualify any potential winner if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding the Grand Prize to such potential winner may reflect negatively on Sponsor, MLB, or any of the Released Parties (as defined below). Sponsor is under no obligation to disclose the results of any background check with the potential winner. In order to receive a prize, the potential winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability Release (or, if a resident of Canada, a declaration) and (where legal) Publicity Release, and any other documents required by Sponsor or Prize Provider, within five (5) business days of date of issuance. The potential winner will be required to submit to Sponsor and/or Prize Provider his/her valid social security number and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for any prize valued at $600 or greater. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or is declined, if Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, if the potential winner does not timely respond to prize notification or document requirements, or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and the prize will go unawarded, provided however that in the event of a tie, the prize may be awarded to the remaining, non-disqualified potential winner(s). The prize will be awarded only to the Authorized Account Holder of the email address used at the time of entry (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules). The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person to whom the applicable ISP or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the submitted email address for the domain associated with such email address.
9) Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by participating in SPE, each participant grants permission to the Promotion Parties for the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, address (city and state), and prize information (if any) worldwide and in all forms of media worldwide, in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, for any and all purposes, including promotional and advertising purposes and for inclusion on a winner list.
THE MLB ENTITIES DO NOT OWN OR CONTROL ANY OF THE SOFTWARE PROTOCOLS THAT ARE USED IN CONNECTION WITH CRYPTOCURRENCIES PURCHASED, SOLD, OR TRANSFERRED THROUGH FTX OR ANY OTHER EXCHANGE. SPONSOR AND THE MLB ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY RELATING TO SUCH PROTOCOLS AND ANY PRICE FLUCTUATIONS IN CRYPTOCURRENCY, AND MAKE NO GUARANTEE REGARDING THE SECURITY, FUNCTIONALITY, OR AVAILABILITY OF SUCH PROTOCOLS.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST IN ANY WAY, OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT AND SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules, shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event that the contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the contest, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, the Released Parties shall have no liability to any participants who are disqualified due to such action.
11) Arbitration; Class Action Waiver: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this contest, each participant agrees that (a) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of JAMS and held in New York County, New York; (b) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement, and all proceedings at such arbitration; and © judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and each participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. For New Jersey residents, the limitations set forth above are inapplicable where attorneys’ fees, court costs, or other damages are mandated by statute.
12) Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with SPE, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, USA.
14) Winner Information: For winner information (available after December 1, 2022), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Season Pick ‘Em Winner List, MLB Advanced Media,
L.P., 1271 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020. Attn: Promotions. Requests
must be received by December 30, 2022.
15) Sponsor: MLB Advanced Media, L.P., 1271 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020.
SPE is a contest designed to increase consumer awareness of and interest in MLB.
Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion. Major League Baseball trademarks, service marks, and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.