Reading is Powerful Presented by Star Tribune
The Minnesota Twins’ Reading is Powerful program promotes the fun of reading and shares life lessons through the telling of baseball themed stories. Introduced in 2018, this in-classroom program provides free, engaging learning to K-5 students in Twins Territory.
For more information on how you can bring the Twins and the Reading is Powerful to your classroom, email William Cardenas at [email protected].
T.C.'s Book List
- A Good Kind of Trouble by Lisa Moore Ramée
- Beautiful, Beautiful Me by Ashley Sirah Hinton
- Catching the Moon by Crystal Hubbard
- Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice by Phillip Hoose
- Count Me In by Varsha Bajaj
- Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes
- Hey, Pretty! by Maya Marchelle
- Hand’s Up! by Breanna J. McDaniel
- Let’s Talk About Race by Julius Lester
- Return to Sender by Julia Alvarez
- Separate Is Never Equal by Duncan Tonatiuh
- Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You by Jason Reynolds & Ibram X. Kendi
- This Book is Anti-Racist: 20 Lessons on How to Wake Up, Take Action, and Do the Work by Tiffany Jewell
- The Invincible Summer of Juniper Jones by Daven McQueen
- This Is My America by Kim Johnson
- The Other Side by Jacqueline Woodson
- We March by Shane W. Evans
- We’ve Got a Job: The 1963 Birmingham Children’s March by Cynthia Levinson
Perfect Attendance-Perfect Game rewards middle school student who achieve perfect attendance during the school year. Students receive a certificate and the opportunity to attend a Twins game, with a representative from each participating school recognized on field during the pregame ceremony
Partnerships with the Kids in Need Foundation and Adopt-a-Classroom work to ensure that every child has the school supplies they need to succeed
Learning Through Baseball: Educational Tours
The Minnesota Twins Learning Through Baseball Program reaches more than 15,000 students in 150 schools annually. Established in 2012, the program's mission is to engage, enrich, and empower every student who walks through Target Field.
Our Learning Through Baseball program provides an exceptional and unique educational experience from the one-of-a-kind classroom setting that is Target Field. Our knowledgeable staff conveys baseball's beauty through a fun curriculum, which adheres to Minnesota K-12 academic standards, that students will engage with and enjoy.
The Learning Through Baseball program is rooted in the Twins’ commitment to advancing social equity by removing barriers, increasing access, and creating unique learning opportunities. We leverage the power of baseball to engage students, infuse fun into learning, and build excellence through partnerships and collaborations.
For more information, contact Educational Tour Manager at [email protected].
Healthy, Safe Kids
The Hennepin County Step-to-It Challenge encourages residents and students to increase their physical activity. Hennepin County communities use Twins merchandise as an incentive to encourage participation, and schools vie for the opportunity to have an exercise session led by Twins trainers and players.
The Minnesota Twins take bullying seriously. The Twins believe there is no place for bullying in our schools, or in society as a whole. If you are being bullied, there is help available and you should not feel alone.