Third to first
• Second baseman Gordon Beckham will play in his first Minor League rehabilitation game for Double-A Birmingham on Thursday night. Beckham is recovering from a strained left oblique that bothered him much of Spring Training. He was placed on the disabled list March 30, with the move retroactive to March 21.
• Conor Gillaspie sat out his second straight game with flu-like symptoms on Thursday. Ventura said he was available to come in off the bench if needed.
"Today, just given the conditions and how he felt yesterday, it didn't feel right putting him out there," Ventura said.
• Adam Dunn hit his 442nd career home run Thursday, a two-run shot to right, tying him with Dave Kingman for 38th on the all-time list.
• First baseman Jose Abreu was twice walked intentionally Wednesday, becoming the first player to do so within his first two Major League games since 1955, when the stat was first tracked.
• The White Sox will wear a "DJR" patch on their uniforms in memory of David Reinsdorf, son of chairman Jerry Reinsdorf, who passed away unexpectedly on March 3.