It’s been 10 years since the 2009 Phillies clinched the National League pennant – and now this unforgettable team will reunite for the first time during Toyota Phillies Alumni Weekend, August 2-4, at Citizens Bank Park.
Pedro Martínez, Raúl Ibañez, Jayson Werth, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Jimmy Rollins, Shane Victorino, Brad Lidge, Brett Myers, Pedro Feliz, Jamie Moyer, Matt Stairs and Charlie Manuel will be among the 20+ NL champions scheduled to participate in fan events. Also joining the fun will be Phillies Wall of Famers including Steve Carlton, Mike Schmidt, Larry Bowa, John Kruk, Greg Luzinski, Bob Boone, Dick Allen, Mike Lieberthal, Pat Gillick and more.
Fans are encouraged to get to the ballpark early for 2009 NL Champion photo opportunities, special first pitches, and unforgettable pregame tributes that celebrate a remarkable time in club history. Tickets are available at phillies.com, with festivities taking place throughout the weekend’s series against the Chicago White Sox.
TOYOTA PHILLIES ALUMNI WEEKEND LINEUP
Friday, August 2 – Howard, Rollins and Utley Legends T-Shirt Theme Night Ticket Offer**.** Game time: 7:05 p.m.
- The Phillies are kicking off Toyota Alumni Weekend with a special T-shirt commemorating the careers of three of the greatest players to ever don red pinstripes: Ryan Howard, Jimmy Rollins and Chase Utley. This special Theme Night ticket offer is available at phillies.com/themenights. (Limited to 1,000 fans)
Saturday, August 3 – 2009 NL Champion Home Run Derby Batting Challenge & Toyota Bobby Abreu Wall of Fame Night. All fans receive a Toyota Bobby Abreu Wall of Fame Print. Game time: 7:05 p.m.
- At 6:00 p.m., cheer on members of the 2009 NL Champion Phillies as they swing for the fences during a Home Run Derby Batting Challenge in The Yard.
- Be in your seats by 6:45 p.m., as legend Bobby Abreu is bestowed with the team’s highest honor and inducted into the Phillies Wall of Fame. Among those taking part in the ceremony are Phillies Wall of Famers and Hall of Famers, as well as surprise guests.
Abreu played nine of his 18 major league seasons with the Phillies (1998-2006), batting .303 with 348 doubles, 195 home runs, 814 RBI, 254 stolen bases, a .416 on-base percentage and a .513 slugging percentage. Abreu was selected to two NL All-Star teams (2004-05) and won a Gold Glove (2005) and Silver Slugger Award (2004) while in Philadelphia. In 2005, he was the first Phillie to win the Home Run Derby.
Sunday, August 4 – Toyota Phillies Alumni Day: 10th Anniversary Celebration of 2009 NL Champion Phillies.** All fans receive a Toyota 2009 NL Champs Photo Card Pack. Game time: 1:05 p.m._
- At 11:15 p.m., fans are invited to watch members of the 2009 Phillies as they take part in a live pregame NBC Sports Philadelphia broadcast from Ashburn Alley, which will also be shown on PhanaVision.
- From 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., there will be alumni autograph and photo opportunities around the ballpark.
- At 12:30 p.m., be in your seats as heroes from the 2009 Phillies take the field. More than two dozen former players will be introduced, and Phillies Wall of Famers will also take part in the celebration. Plus, Pedro Martínez will make his first appearance on the mound since 2009 as he has the honor of throwing the ceremonial first pitch.
PLAYERS SCHEDULED TO APPEAR (subject to change):
2009 National League Champion Phillies:
MANAGER & COACHES:
John Mayberry Jr.
PHILLIES WALL OF FAMERS: