Home Runs for Trees
For the ninth year in a row, the Phillies and PGW are partnering with the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) on its efforts to Plant One Million.
Help the Phillies in their efforts to make the world a cleaner place. Sign your group up today to join the Red Goes Green Team, presented by Waste Management, for the 2020 season.
David Montgomery Field cleanup
Volunteers from the Phillies front office helped clean up David P. Montgomery Field in Roxborough.
A very Phanatic Earth Day
Constellation teamed up with the Phillies community and the Phillie Phanatic to clean up on Earth Day.
Earth Day Cleanup
On April 19, the Phillies front office members participated in their annual Earth Day cleanup at FDR Park.
31 Ways to Save Energy in Your Home
Small, everyday changes in your power consumption can be easy to make. They don’t cost much, but they can add up to real energy savings. Thanks to our friends at Constellation, here are 31 tips - one for each day of the month - for ways to save energy at home in your daily life with very little effort.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes
- Wash clothes with cold water
- Keep your appliances clean
- Keep the oven door closed while cooking
- Don't stand in front of an open refrigerator door
- Air-dry clothes
- Air-dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher's drying cycle
- Open curtains facing the sun
- Switch out incandescent lights
- Take shorter, cooler showers
- Turn off electronics and appliances when they're not in use
- Adjust your thermostat according to the time of day
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120 F
- Set your computer to sleep or hibernate mode
- Avoid using the rinse-and-hold setting on your dishwasher
- Use a microwave or toaster oven instead of your conventional oven
- Use the dishwasher instead of washing by hand
- Plug home electronics into power strips
- Install low-flow shower heads
- Add aerators to your faucets
- Use ENERGY STAR-qualified CFL and LED bulbs
- Replace older home appliances with energy-efficient models
- Use energy-efficient entertainment and home office electronics
- Insulate heating ducts
- Seal air leaks
- Insulate hot-water pipes
- Clean your air ducts
- Clean/replace filters in your furnace
- Clean the dryer lint regularly to keep your dryer running efficiently
- Turn off your water heater if you plan on leaving home for a few days
- Install a timer for your water heater