Red Goes Green
Home Runs for Trees
For the 12th year in a row, the Phillies are partnering with PGW and the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) on Home Runs for Trees.
Red Goes Green Events and Activities
2022 Earth Day event
The Phillies front office teamed up with the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society for an Earth Day volunteer event at the Norristown Farm Park.
2021 Home Runs for Trees
The Phanatic joined the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society and PGW on Nov. 17 in delivering trees from the Phillies Home Runs for Trees program.
2021 David Montgomery Field cleanup
On Nov. 13, Phillies front-office staff members celebrated Love Your Park Day in Philadelphia by cleaning up David P. Montgomery Field in Roxborough.
Red Goes Green Tips
13 Biggest Energy Wasting Habits at Home
Small, everyday changes in your power consumption can be easy to make. They don’t cost much, but they can add up to real energy savings. Thanks to our friends at Constellation, here are 13 biggest energy wasting habits at home.
- Leaving your electronics and appliances plugged in.
- Not utilizing sleep or standby settings for your electronics.
- Forgetting to turn the lights off.
- Using inefficient light bulbs.
- Running the dishwasher when it's not full.
- Washing your clothes in hot water.
- Using extra energy when cooking.
- Setting your thermostat too high or low.
- Forgetting to replace your HVAC system's air filters.
- Taking extra-long showers.
- Keeping water heater settings cranked up.
- Failing to landscape strategically.
- Letting air leaks go unnoticed.