Located in right field in Ashburn Alley, The Yard is a 13,000-square-foot interactive kids' baseball experience at Citizens Bank Park.
The Yard Highlights
- Citizens Phan Field: A WIFFLE ball field complete with a major-league-class dugout and MLB-quality padded outfield wall, as well as an AstroTurf-covered field that stretches 70-feet deep. This authentic play area resembles the Phillies big-league field, with the diamond-orientation sharing the same skyline vista of the City. Framing that view is a scaled-down version of the team's PhanaVision electronic scoreboard and the iconic Liberty Bell, both clearly visible from the centrally located dugout.
- Hatfield Franks Hot Dog Launcher: Just like the Phanatic on dollar-dog nights, kids can test their marksmanship by aiming at targets on the wall and sending foam-frankfurters soaring.
- A 30-foot Phanatic Climbing Wall, gives fans (in harnesses) the chance to clamber around graphic depictions of Philadelphia's landmark buildings.
- A Bullpen Speed Pitch: Fans can practice their pitches as well as measure their velocity, thanks to a state-of-the-art radar gun.
- An Ice Cream Bar: The ultimate indulgence for any child or kid at heart, as well as kid-sized concessions! And for parents: The Backyard Bar, proudly serving fan-favorite beers, wines, cocktails and frozen drinks.
- All exhibits at the Yard will open when the ballpark opens, and they will close in the 7th inning.
- The Phanatic Climbing Wall and Bullpen pitching area are closed for the 2021 season.