Located in right field in Ashburn Alley, The Yard is a new, 13,000-square-foot interactive kids' baseball experience at Citizens Bank Park.
The Yard Highlights
- Citizens Bank Phan Field: A Wiffle ball field complete with a major-league-class dugout and MLB-quality padded outfield wall, as well as an AstroTurf-covered field that stretches 70-feet deep. This authentic play area resembles the Phillies big-league field, with the diamond-orientation sharing the same skyline vista of the City. Framing that view is a scaled-down version of the team's PhanaVision electronic scoreboard and the iconic Liberty Bell, both clearly visible from the centrally located dugout.
- Hatfield Franks Hot Dog Launcher: Just like the Phanatic on dollar-dog nights, kids can test their marksmanship by aiming at targets on the wall and sending foam-frankfurters soaring.
- A 30-foot Phanatic Climbing Wall, gives fans (in harnesses) the chance to clamber around graphic depictions of Philadelphia's landmark buildings. Get in line for the climbing wall on the Ballpark app.
- A new Bullpen Speed Pitch: Fans can practice their pitches as well as measure their velocity, thanks to a state-of-the-art radar gun.
- A new Ice Cream Bar: The ultimate indulgence for any child or kid at heart, as well as kid-sized concessions! And for parents: The Backyard Bar, proudly serving fan-favorite beers, wines, cocktails and frozen drinks.
Get in Line for the Phanatic Climbing Wall
Get in line for the Phanatic Climbing Wall with ease using the MLB Ballpark app! Here's how:
- First return to the app and select "Climbing Wall Waiver" and complete a waiver for each climber in your party.
- After completing the waiver(s), return to the Ballpark app and select "Climbing Wall Queue" from the menu.
- Follow the instructions to reserve your spot.
- Be prepared to show your completed waiver and reservation confirmation to a Phillies staff member when you arrive for your time.
What's New at Citizens Bank Park
The Phillies' offseason ballpark upgrades have been revealed for 2018, including The Yard and an area celebrating iconic moments in Phillies history.