Recipient of the USA Today 2014 Readers' Choice Award for Best Spring Training Facility, Charlotte Sports Park is a state-of-the-art facility with a baseball boardwalk ringing the outfield, family-friendly kids play area, upgraded concession stands and a top-notch team store. The Rays Inaugural Spring Training Season in Charlotte County in 2009 featured record-breaking crowds, as the Rays set a franchise record for single-season home attendance. During the 2018 Spring season, the attendance record was broken for the largest single-game crowd at Charlotte Sports Park.
Single-game tickets for games at Charlotte Sports Park are sold exclusively online through raysbaseball.com/spring.
Mobile Ticket Delivery
All tickets and parking are mobile only, delivered via the MLB Ballpark app. For more information on Rays mobile ticketing, please visit www.raysbaseball.com/mobile.
Age requirement regarding tickets
Once a child reaches their second birthday, they will need a game admission ticket.
If a child is under age 2, they are considered a lap child which means they do not occupy a seat, and do not need a game admission ticket. As a result, they are an extension of the ticket holder, would occupy the same seat as the ticket holder, and would be subject to the same policies and procedures as the ticket holder. By using the ticket, the ticket holder, on his/her own behalf and on behalf of any minor accompanying ticket holder to the game, is hereby deemed to have given all grants of rights, releases and waivers on behalf of any minor as their parent, guardian or authorized agent have given. If a ticketholder does not wish to or is not authorized to grant such rights, releases and waivers on behalf of any minor, holder should not permit such minor to enter the ballpark.
Gates open 1.5 hours prior to first pitch.
Charlotte Sports Park is cash-free. Credit card, debit card and mobile payments are accepted.
Parking is cash-free, mobile-only and available through the MLB Ballpark app. Parking is available in the main lot or across El Jobean Road in the Charlotte County Fairgrounds lot. All parking spaces are subject to availability at time of arrival.
Parking Lots open 2.5 hours prior to first pitch.
Prohibited Items and Ballpark Regulations
Charlotte County and the Tampa Bay Rays are committed to enabling a safe and fun ballpark experience. All of the items listed below are prohibited from Charlotte Sports Park.
- Backpacks, coolers and bags of any kind exceeding 16" x 8"
- Alcoholic beverages
- Weapons of any kind, including firearms, knives and chemical sprays larger than .5 ounce.
- Fireworks or other explosives
- Items that could be projectiles
- Cameras with lenses longer than 12”
- Bullhorns, airhorns and other excessively loud noisemakers
- Brooms longer than 3’
- Anything that can obstruct the view of other fans
- Wrapped presents or gifts
- Footwear with wheels
- Other items as determined by Tropicana Field security and Rays staff
We are glad to welcome you to Charlotte Sports Park. Charlotte County and the Tampa Bay Rays require that all fans adhere to Ballpark Rules in order to provide a safe atmosphere for everyone. Anyone who would choose not to adhere to these policies should not attend games at Charlotte Sports Park. Guests who violate these rules may be in violation of ballpark or county regulations and are subject to intervention, which may lead to denied admission into the ballpark, ejection from the ballpark and/or arrest.
- Have FUN and CHEER for the Rays.
- Be respectful of your fellow fans.
- Be alert for bats, balls or other objects leaving the field of play.
- Fans are responsible for ensuring their own safety when inside the stadium.
- Drink responsibly. Do not consume alcohol if you are underage.
- Do not enter restricted areas, including the playing field.
- Charlotte Sports Park is a smoke-free property.
- Derogatory language of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Banners and signs are permitted and may be displayed in the stadium as long as they are baseball related, do not interfere with the playing field or other ballpark signage, or inhibit the view of other fans. Signs must not include derogatory language, gestures or symbols. Tropicana Field management reserves the right to remove any sign displayed on the property.
Health and Safety
For information on health and safety procedures at Charlotte Sports Park and Tropicana Field, visit RaysBaseball.com/HealthandSafety.