NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPACT YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND PARTICIPANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE A CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND THE PROMOTION SPONSOR, SO READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING.
EFFECTIVE DATE: These Official Rules are effective as of July 21, 2020.
1. Promotion Structure: Rally (the "Promotion") is devised as a non-gambling promotion and is intended solely for entertainment purposes. The Promotion is comprised of multiple contests (each, a “Contest”), each as further described in Section 4 below. If eligible for Contest prizing as described in Section 3 below, participants will compete for the opportunity to win the prize designated for the applicable Contest (each such prize, a “Prize”). The Promotion will begin at 8:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 23, 2020 and end upon the earlier of December 31, 2020 or the date upon which Sponsor announces the close of the Promotion (the “Promotion Period”). Periodically during the Promotion Period, Sponsor may announce new Contests, in which case Sponsor will update Section 4 of these Official Rules to detail the parameters of each new Contest. By registering for the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules, provided that each individual Contest Tab (as defined below) will only apply to you if and when you enter the Contest applicable to such Contest Tab. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local rules and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation.
2. Promotion Registration: To participate in the Promotion, you must be a registered user of MLB.com. Click on the Promotion banners, buttons, and/or links to complete and submit the Promotion registration form. By fully completing and submitting all information required for Promotion registration and confirming your agreement to these Official Rules, you will be registered as a Promotion participant. MLB.com account registration is free. Data and usage rates may apply to download, installation, and use of the Promotion’s mobile app (“App”) or of a mobile phone or other web-enabled device; check with your service provider for details on these and any other charges. Wireless service is not available in all areas. Throughout the Promotion Period, Sponsor may release updates to the App and notify you of the availability of such updates via in-App messaging or other means. Be sure to install these updates to participate in the Promotion via the App. If you do not install updates to the App when they are available, you may not be able to participate in the Promotion via the App. Incomplete registrations are void. Participants are responsible for ensuring all their contact information is up-to-date and accurate.
3. Eligibility and Limits: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States, including its commonwealths, territories, and possessions, who are, as of the date of Promotion registration, registered users of MLB.com, twenty-one (21) years of age or older, and not otherwise ineligible per the terms of this Section 3. Employees, officers, and directors and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household (whether or not related) of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“Sponsor”), the other MLB Entities (as defined below), ROAR Digital, MGM Resorts International Operations, Inc. (together with ROAR Digital, "MGM"), teamDigital Promotions, Inc. ("Administrator"), each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, governors, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, licensees, sponsors, and advertising/promotion agencies, any other entity associated with the Promotion, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively, "Promotion Parties Parties") are not eligible to participate or win. The "MLB Entities" shall mean Sponsor, the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, and agents of the foregoing entities.
Limit one (1) Promotion registration and, except as may be otherwise specified in a Contest Tab, one (1) entry for each Contest per person/email address for the duration of the Promotion Period. Additional Promotion registrations and Contest entries received from any person/email address will be void. The use of a script, macro, or any other device to automate or subvert the Promotion registration or Contest entry process is prohibited and all such registrations and entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules.
4. Contest Descriptions and Entry: Certain Contests may be available via the Promotion website (“Promo Website”) only (“Web Only Contests”), the App only (“App Only Contests”), and both the Promo Website and App (“Universal Entry Contests”). The parameters of each individual Contest, including the available entry method, entry period, rules for determining the Prize winner, and any Contest-specific Prize terms, are further detailed in the below-subsections (each, a “Contest Tab”). To enter a specific Contest, you must submit an entry for the applicable Contest in accordance with the instructions set forth in the applicable Contest Tab.
A. RALLY CLASSIC CONTEST:
As of the start of the Promotion Period, the Promotion’s standard Contest (“Rally Classic”) invites participants to compete by submitting certain solicited predictions regarding outcomes, including each “at bat” outcome, of a single Major League Baseball game (each, a “Game”) scheduled to take place on the day of the applicable Rally Classic. Rally Classic is an App Only Contest. A Rally Classic will take place on each day of the 2020 Major League Baseball regular season, provided that one (1) or more Game(s) is actually played on such day, until the Sponsor announces the close of Rally Classic (the “RC Period”). If no regular season Game takes place on any given day within the RC Period, no Rallly Classic shall be conducted for such day. For each Rally Classic, the App will solicit predictions regarding certain outcomes, including each “at bat” outcome, of each Game scheduled and played on the applicable day. More specifically, the App will solicit certain predictions to be made prior to the official start of a Game (“Pre-Game Predictions”) and/or certain predictions to be made during a Game (i.e., while the Game is in live play) (“In-Game Predictions” and together with Pre-Game Predictions, the “Predictions”). The prompts for each solicited Prediction will display points which may be earned for such Prediction. Rally Classic contestants will accrue points for correct Predictions submitted and recorded in accordance with these Official Rules, including the Deadline (as defined below). The number of Predictions solicited for any Game may vary across each Rally Classic. The entry period for each Rally Classic will begin on or about 10:00 AM ET (as announced within the App) and end at the conclusion of the final Game for the day. Registered Promotion participants must submit one (1) or more Predictions prior to the Deadline to receive an entry in Rally Classic. Limit one (1) Rally Classic entry per person/per day. Please note that your entry into Rally Classic will be comprised of your Predictions submitted for a single Game. You may submit Predictions for more than one (1) Game within Rally Classic, but your points will not aggregate across Games. If you submit Predictions for multiple Games, your points for each Game will be separately calculated and your highest Game score will be used for Rally Classic competition.
You may change your Rally Classic Predictions up until the following deadlines, at which point your submitted Prediction will be “locked” for Rally Classic scoring purposes (collectively, the “Deadline”): (i) Pre-Game Predictions will be locked at the time of the first pitch of the applicable Game and (ii) In-Game Predictions will be locked at the time of the start of the game event contemplated within the prompt (e.g., if the In-Game Prediction concerns the outcome of an inning, then the Deadline is the start of the applicable inning; if the In-Game Prediction concerns the outcome of an at-bat, then the Deadline is the start of the applicable batter’s turn at the plate). To be scored for Rally Classic purposes, your Predictions must be submitted and recorded by the Sponsor prior to the applicable Deadline. No points will be awarded for Predictions submitted or recorded after the applicable Deadline.
The Prize(s) for each Rally Classic, and the number of winners to be selected for each Prize, will be announced within the App on or about 10:00 AM ET of the applicable Rally Classic date. Limit one (1) Rally Classic Prize per person/day. For the avoidance of doubt, if you win a prize in one day’s Rally Classic, you are eligible to compete and win a prize in a separate day’s Rally Classic.
Sponsor will score Rally Classic Predictions and assign points in real-time and in accordance with the below. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to Rally Classic scoring and in all other Rally Classic matters.
- Predictions concerning the final outcome of a Game will be scored immediately upon the conclusion of the Game and Predictions concerning the outcome of an in-Game event (e.g., a bat appearance or an inning) will be scored immediately upon the conclusion of the applicable event.
- In the event that a solicited Prediction concerns a Game or Game outcome or event which, for any reason, does not take place (e.g., a Game is cancelled or an In-Game Prediction concerns a specific anticipated batter who has been replaced by a substitute batter), such Prediction will be void and will not be scored for purposes of Rally Classic competition.
- In the event that, for any reason, a Game is suspended for the applicable day (e.g., for severe weather), Sponsor will score the Predictions submitted and recorded up until the time of suspension. For any Game which is suspended and resumes play on a subsequent date, the resumed portion of the Game and any associated Predictions will be void and will not be scored for purposes of Rally Classic competition.
- In the event that, after Sponsor has scored and issued points for any Prediction and the applicable Game or event outcome is changed, corrected, or otherwise adjusted by Major League Baseball (e.g., following an instant replay review or following review initiated by a Club), points awarded within Rally Classic for the applicable Prediction will not be changed, corrected, or otherwise adjusted, even if such change, correction, or adjustment is anticipated by a Rally Classic participant.
- Sponsor reserves the right, but assumes no obligation, to correct and update Rally Classic scores based on errors or irregularities in the tabulation, transmission, or publication of Game outcomes or Prediction scores.
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the entrant(s) who earns the highest score(s) for any single Game within a Rally Classic will win the Prize(s) announced for such Rally Classic, provided that in the event of a tie for any Rally Classic Prize, the award of all Prizes will be subject to the Split Prize Rule (as defined below), and further provided that if the tied-for Prize includes any non-cash components, each of the tied winners will receive the non-cash component. The "Split Prize Rule" means that, in the event of a tie, (i) if the Rally Classic Contest features a single Prize, the cash component of the Prize will be equally divided and shared among the tied winners and (ii) if the Rally Classic Contest features multiple Prizes (i.e., first, second, third, etc., Prizes), then the cash component of the Prizes will be distributed as follows: (A) Sponsor will calculate the number of tied winners for any Prize level ("Tie Number"); (B) Sponsor will combine the tied-for Prize with the lower level Prizes until the number of combined Prizes equals the Tie Number (or no additional lower level Prizes are available); and (C) such combined Prizes will be equally divided and shared among the applicable tied winners.
See the below-listed examples of how ties will be resolved:
- If a Rally Classic Contest features a single Prize comprised of $100 and a t-shirt and two (2) tied entrants qualify to win the Prize, each of the two (2) tied entrants will receive $50 and a t-shirt.
- If a Rally Classic Contest features a first Prize ($1,000), a second Prize ($500), and a third Prize ($100) and one (1) entrant qualifies to win the first Prize, two (2) tied entrants qualify to win the second Prize, and one (1) entrant qualifies to win the third Prize, the first Prize qualifier will receive $1,000, the two (2) entrants tied for second Prize will each receive $300, and the one (1) entrant who qualified for the third Prize will be eliminated from Prize contention.
- If a Rally Classic Contest features a first Prize ($100), a second Prize ($50), and a third Prize ($10) and one (1) entrant qualifies to win the first Prize, one (1) entrant qualifies to win the second Prize, and five (5) tied entrants qualify to win the third Prize, the first Prize qualifier will receive $100, the second Prize qualifier will receive $50, and the five (5) tied entrants who qualified for the third Prize will each receive $2.
B. QUICK PICK CONTEST: The "Quick Pick" Contest will begin as Web Only Contest and may transition to be a Universal Entry Contest. If such transition occurs, the Promo Website and App will alert users accordingly. Click here for the parameters of the Quick Pick Contest.
5. Prize Terms: The Prize(s) for each Contest will be announced within the App no later than at the start of the applicable Contest entry period. For each Contest, the winner(s) will be determined as described in the applicable Contest Tab. All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of any Prize which are not specifically described in the applicable Prize description as being provided by Sponsor, including but not limited to federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), are the sole responsibility of the winner. All Prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. The cash component of Prizes, if any, will be awarded in the form of a check or such other means as may be reasonably determined by Sponsor. Terms and conditions may apply to non-cash components of a Prize, as determined by the Prize supplier.
6. Winner Notification: Each potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone approximately three (3) business days following the conclusion of the applicable Contest. Participants are solely responsible for monitoring their voice message systems and email for Promotion-related notifications. In order to receive a Prize, potential winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release, and any other documents required by Sponsor, within five (5) business days of date of issuance. The potential winner may also be required to submit his/her valid social security number and/or other identification to Sponsor and may receive an IRS Form 1099 for any prizes valued at $600 or greater. If any Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable or is declined, if Sponsor or Administrator is unable to contact a potential winner, if the potential winner does not timely respond to Prize notification or document requirements, or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and the Prize in question will go unawarded, provided however in the event of tie, the Prize may be awarded to the remaining, non-disqualified potential winner(s). Prizes will be awarded only to the person named within the Promotion registration, regardless of whether that person is the authorized account holder of the email address specified within the Promotion registration (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules).
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by registering for the Promotion, each participant grants permission to the Promotion Parties for the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, address (city and state), and Prize information (if any) worldwide and in all forms of media worldwide, in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, for any and all purposes, including promotional and advertising purposes and for inclusion on a Promotion winners list.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APP ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION IN ANY WAY, OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR, SPONSOR, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW.
Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes and to add additional Contest formats, without materially affecting the Official Rules of the Promotion.
In the event that the Promotion is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to discontinue or modify the Promotion, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, the Sponsor and Administrator shall have no liability to any participants who are disqualified due to such action.
9. Waiver/Release, Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranties: By registering for the Promotion, each participant agrees (a) to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, the Promo Website, or the App and (b) to indemnify, hold harmless, and fully release the Released Parties from any claim, action, demand, liability, loss, injury, or damage caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by participation in the Promotion, any Promotion-related activity, and the acceptance, possession, quality, use, or misuse of any Prize, including any travel or activity related thereto and any and all taxes and other fees applicable thereto. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $100. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, each Promotion participant agrees that (a) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of JAMS and held in New York County, New York; (b) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement, and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (c) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. For New Jersey residents, the limitations set forth above are inapplicable where attorneys' fees, court costs, or other damages are mandated by statute.
11. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, USA.
13. Winner Information: For the name(s) of the winner(s) (available on a rolling basis throughout the Promotion Period and for 90 days thereafter), visit https://www.mlb.com/apps/rally/winners.
14. Sponsor: MLB Advanced Media, L.P., 1271 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020.
15. Administrator: teamDigital Promotions, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd, Bethel, CT 06801 / www.teamdigital.com.
This Promotion is a contest designed to increase consumer awareness of and interest in Major League Baseball. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion. Major League Baseball trademarks, service marks, and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.