Finding a parking space in Downtown Houston can be easy and inexpensive when you plan ahead. Use a map to find parking options located near your Downtown destination. Have a second location in mind in case your first choice is full.
Minute Maid Park is a short walk from most of Houston's downtown garages and surface parking lots. It is estimated that almost 25,000 parking spaces are available in a walkable distance for ballpark events.
The key to a successful parking experience for Astros games will be to park in the area in which you have entered Downtown and to exit in the same direction.
Parking Tips to make your trip easier:
- Read all signs before you park. Look for signs and banners with the baseball "P" that designates public parking.
- Carry nickels, dimes and quarters for parking meters. Many surface lots are unattended and require payment in advance. Keep some one dollar bills handy.
- Some Downtown restaurants and hotels offer shuttle service. Ask about parking when calling for lunch or dinner reservations.
- The best way to explore Downtown is on foot. You might discover a great new shop or restaurant! Please be respectful of neighborhoods and residential areas.
- The Season Ticket Holder Gate opens 2.5 hours before first pitch for all Monday through Friday games with access to the Main Concourse and Lower Seating Bowl only.
- All gates open 2 hours before first pitch for all Monday through Saturday games with access to the Main Concourse and Lower Seating Bowl only.
- All Levels and Clubs are accessible starting 1.5 hours before first pitch.
- Gates for all Sunday games open 1.5 hours before first pitch.
The ticket office and Will Call windows are located on the west side of the ballpark on Texas Avenue.