Astros Charitable Donation Request Process:
The Astros are proud to support local nonprofits in their fundraising efforts through our in-kind donation program. In an effort to best process your donation and support as many charities as possible, please comply with the following guidelines:
- All requests must be submitted online.
- The online donation form must be filled out completely for your request to be considered.
- Since our goal is to assist as many groups as possible every year, we can only donate to nonprofits once a year.
- We cannot provide donations to individuals, for personal causes or for personal gifts, holidays, appreciation awards or for employee raffles or prizes, and because we assist 501(c)(3) nonprofits directly, we cannot give to individuals who are fundraising on behalf of a charity.
- We regret we are unable to honor requests for an item signed by a specific player or tickets for specific games.
- Due to the number of donation requests received, we must limit our donations to organizations within the Astros MLB territory.
- We are unable to make any monetary donations or purchase program ads, sponsor golf holes, or buy tables at banquets. Tickets cannot be exchanged for other dates or resold, and we are unable to accommodate requests for an item autographed by a specific player.
- Donation requests are usually filled within 30 days of the event date whenever possible. Requests must be received at least six (6) weeks prior to your event. We are unable to fill requests with less than six weeks notification.
- Any group that has received an in-kind donation within a calendar year will not be able to access or reapply for an additional item until 10 months after their last event. Previous in-kind donation recipients are not guaranteed any additional donations.
Due to the volume of requests, we are unable to accept follow-up phone calls for the status of your request; all communication from the Astros will come via e-mail.
Please note: By team policy, Astros' front office personnel are unable to intervene on behalf of fans seeking autographs for charitable purposes and we cannot accept items via mail or in person for delivery to players. Thank you for not sending personal items as we cannot be responsible for their return.
The Houston Astros are proud to support thousands of nonprofit organizations within our region through our in-kind donations each year. Thank you for your vital work and we wish you great success in your fundraising efforts.