The Astros Foundation is the official 501(c)3 team charity of the Houston Astros. We seek to harness the passion of baseball fans to support youth baseball and softball programs, military, childhood cancer awareness and efforts to improve the quality of life in our community. Our cornerstone initiatives include the Community Leaders program, the Astros Youth Academy and the Astros RBI Program (Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities).
We are proud to support local 501(c)3 nonprofits and their causes through our grant program. We support organizations whose efforts benefit Youth Baseball/Softball, Education/Literacy, Childhood Cancer, Military and Quality of Life.
Please complete the grant application in its entirety to be considered for a grant and/or community partnership with the Astros Foundation.
1.Online grant application must be submitted by Thursday, August 3, 2020.
2. We will accept grant requests up to a maximum of $10,000.
3. Organization must be a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
4. Organization must provide a copy of IRS Federal Tax Exemption Letter, most recent IRS 990, current operating budget, list of current financial support, program description and budget for requested funding.
5. Due to the number of donation appeals we receive, our donations are limited to organizations within the Astros MLB territory.
6.We do not fund individuals, organizations in existence less than two years, endowments or other reserve funds, annual memberships, political campaigns, conferences, workshops, group or individual trips. We also do not fund individuals who are fundraising on behalf of a charity.
7. Due to the volume of requests, we are unable to accept follow-up phone calls for the status of your request; all communication from the Astros Foundation will come via e-mail.
8.Grants will be awarded during an on-field presentation during the final homestand of the regular season.
The Astros Foundation is proud to support thousands of nonprofit organizations within our region each year. Thank you for your vital work and we wish you great success! For questions, please email [email protected].