• Major League Baseball overturned the error by Evan Longoria in the fifth inning of Friday night's game in Cleveland. As a result, Mark Reynolds was credited with a single off Jamey Wright, and the two runs allowed by Wright are now earned.
• Triple-A outfielder Wil Myers was named the International League Player of the Week for May 27 to June 2 after hitting .423 with four home runs and 15 RBIs.
• The Rays have acquired right-hander Erik Hamren from the Braves for future considerations. Hamren joins Double-A Montgomery from Double-A Mississippi. Hamren appeared in 14 games for the Padres in 2011, going 1-0 with a 4.38 ERA.
• According to Baseball-Reference.com, since Longoria's rookie season in 2008, he ranks second among American League players with 32.4 wins above replacement (WAR), a tick behind Miguel Cabrera (32.5), who joined the Tigers that same year. WAR measures offensive, defensive and baserunning contributions relative to a player's position(s).
• Tampa Bay bolstered its catching depth on Tuesday by signing Jesus Flores as a Minor League free agent. Flores, 28, has played in 311 Major League games, all with the Nationals, and has a .241 career average, with 23 home runs and 127 RBIs. He will report to Triple-A Durham.