Globe iconLogin iconRecap iconSearch iconTickets icon

Bochy hoping weather cooperates in Cincinnati

CINCINNATI -- Giants manager Bruce Bochy will have some thinking to do if showers predicted for Wednesday become reality, which likely would force a doubleheader Thursday.

The Giants would be allowed to add a 26th player to the active roster for the doubleheader. Bochy said he hasn't begun weighing his options yet.

"I don't want to think about it because I'm still optimistic we're going to get the game in," he said. "But tomorrow, we'll probably have to see where we are."

Forecasts call for an 80 percent chance of rain through the day Wednesday, with chances of showers increasing to 90 percent Wednesday night.

Moreover, Great American Ball Park has seemed to invite precipitation all season. According to a Cincinnati-based Associated Press reporter, the Reds have endured two postponements, one suspended game that was played the next day and nine rain delays totaling 11 hours and 12 minutes.

Chris Haft is a reporter for Read his blog, Haft-Baked Ideas, and follow him on Twitter at @sfgiantsbeat.
Read More: San Francisco Giants