• Dayan Viciedo will get an MRI on his sore left thumb Monday after being out of action Sunday for a second straight day and missing his third game out of the last four. Viciedo jammed that thumb diving for a Robinson Cano single in the first inning Monday and departed in the bottom of the first. He also missed Tuesday's contest against the Yankees, with his main problem coming from being unable to close his glove without pain defensively.
• Ventura came up with a good line as to when he knew the time had come to move on from his playing career.
"Well, when they ask you to leave," said a smiling Ventura. "That's a good start."
• White Sox pitchers have struck out 10 or more batters in five straight games, their longest streak since ending the 2011 season with five in a row. They rank fourth in the AL with an average of 8.10 strikeouts per nine innings. Chris Sale leads the current group of White Sox pitchers with 161 strikeouts in 149 1/3 innings.
• With 945 quality starts since 2003, the White Sox lead the Majors in that particular category. The Angels are second at 941.
• Tom Paciorek and comedian Kevin Hart threw out ceremonial first pitches Sunday. Paciorek then provided color commentary on the television broadcast, subbing for Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, who was under the weather.