• Felix Hernandez shared a little of the wealth Tuesday as the Mariners ace had lunch catered in for the 150 Minor Leaguers in camp from Famous Dave's barbecue, with enough food brought in that most of the youngsters went home with leftovers in to-go boxes as well.
• Joe Saunders pitched in a Minor League intrasquad games on Tuesday morning and threw six-plus innings with eight hits, two runs, two walks and eight strikeouts on 78 pitches. He figures to get two more starts before his regular-season debut.
• With Minor League games in full swing now, Danny Hultzen threw three scoreless innings with one hit and four strikeouts in a 6-4 win for the Triple-A squad on Monday, while Gabe Guerrero -- the 19-year-old nephew of Vladimir Guerrero -- went 3-for-3 with a home run and double in the High-A team's 7-4 win.
• While the rest of the club is off Wednesday, Jeremy Bonderman will pitch in a Minor League game to stay on his schedule, then Jon Garland gets the start Thursday night against the Cubs, with Erasmo Ramirez also scheduled to throw in that one.
• In addition to Tuesday night's game, ROOT Sports will televise Mariners games on Thursday night against the Cubs and Saturday afternoon vs. the Indians. The final TV broadcast this spring will be the March 30 exhibition game against the Rockies from Salt Lake City.