• The Rangers have re-assigned pitcher Johan Yan to Minor League camp. That leaves them with 39 players in big league camp.
• The Rangers have approached the Rockies about a possible trade for Coty Woods, the right-handed reliever and Rule 5 Draft pick. Woods has to make the team or be offered back to the Rockies, who have made it clear they want him back. The two teams can make a trade but Woods would first have to clear waivers.
• Pitcher Martin Perez, who is sidelined with a broken left arm, has had his cast removed and is no longer using a brace. He is hoping to resume a throwing program in another week or so. Perez was hit by a line drive on March 3.
• The Rangers are not going to let Colby Lewis or Joakim Soria begin throwing live batting practice until the week of April 8. They are throwing without problem in the bullpen, but the Rangers are still being cautious with both.
• The Rangers released nine players from Minor League camp. Among them was pitcher Scott Olsen, who made 127 career starts with the Marlins and Nationals in 2005-10 before his career was wrecked by a shoulder injury.