• The Braves bullpen entered the two-game series with Kansas City Tuesday night without allowing any of their 14 inherited runners to score this season
• Left fielder Justin Upton already has seven home runs. He did not hit his seventh home run until the 65th game of the 2012 season.
• The Braves have outscored opponents 62-23, and the plus-39 run differential is the highest in the Majors. This is despite the Braves entering Tuesday hitting .258 as a team, which is eighth in the National League. It's all about pitching, though: a 1.82 ERA, almost a full run better than second place Los Angeles (2.68).
• The Braves joined the chorus of support for Boston in the wake of the Boston Marathon tragedy by playing the Neil Diamond song "Sweet Caroline," which is associated with Boston and the Red Sox. The crowd stood in the eighth inning and some held signs in support of the city. It is a song written in 1969 and inspired by Caroline Kennedy, the daughter of President John F. Kennedy, whose family has a rich history in Massachusetts.
• Tuesday was the first career multi-homer game for Juan Francisco.
• Justin Upton leads the Majors with eight home runs after 13 games. It took him 65 games just to hit seven in 2012.
• The Braves' 10-game winning streak is their longest since 2000.