• Giancarlo Stanton (hamstring) did some light running with some cutting on the outfield grass on Wednesday. Stanton has also hit and worked in the field.
Redmond said Stanton will begin a rehab assignment once the right fielder feels good enough to return to game action.
• Right-hander Nathan Eovaldi (throwing shoulder inflammation) will make another start for Class A Jupiter on Thursday before moving on to Double-A Jacksonville.
Eovaldi could rejoin the Marlins' rotation after Thursday's rehab start -- his second -- provided he does not suffer any setbacks.
Pitchers can spend up to 30 days on a rehab assignment.
• Redmond has not yet announced who will replace right-hander Alex Sanabia (right groin) in the rotation for Friday's game against the Mets. Left-handers Wade LeBlanc and Duane Below are options.
• Right-hander Henderson Alvarez (throwing shoulder inflammation) will throw 50-60 pitches during batting practice on Thursday.
• Second baseman Donovan Solano (intercostal strain) and first baseman Casey Kotchman (left hamstring) are rehabbing in extended spring camp in Jupiter.