• With a two-out walk in the eighth inning of Saturday's 7-2 win, Mike Trout's on-base streak reached 40 consecutive games, passing Bobby Grich (39) for second in franchise history. The leader is Orlando Cabrera, who reached in 63 straight games in 2006.
• Third base prospect Luis Jimenez, out of the lineup at Triple-A Salt Lake since June 15 because of a right shoulder injury, has been playing some rehab games in Arizona and could return to Triple-A within the next few days.
• The only two Major Leaguers ever to be born in Camden, S.C., are Angels reliever Michael Kohn and Hall of Famer Larry Doby, who spent 10 years patrolling center field for the Indians.
• The Angels have no interest in infielders Mark Reynolds (Indians) and Adam Rosales (Athletics), two players who were recently designated for assignment by their former organizations.
• In order to clear room on the 40-man roster for Boshers, the Angels transferred lefty reliever Sean Burnett to the 60-day disabled list. Burnett was shut down for the year with a small tear in his flexor tendon, which he recently had surgery on.