• Left-hander Jaime Garcia threw a bullpen session on Thursday, and he remains scheduled to come off the disabled list and start for St. Louis on Sunday. With Wednesday's rainout, the Cardinals have pushed everyone in their rotation back. That will give Garcia an extra day and Adam Wainwright two extra days' rest because of Monday's scheduled off-day.
• Cardinals principal owner Bill DeWitt Jr. has been named chairman of a seven-member committee charged with overseeing the selection of Bud Selig's successor as Major League Baseball Commissioner. Selig has already announced that he will retire at the end of his term on January 24, 2015.
Joining DeWitt on this committee will be owners Dick Monfort (Rockies), David Montgomery (Phillies), Arte Moreno (Angels), Bob Nutting (Pirates), Jim Pohlad (Twins) and Jerry Reinsdorf (White Sox).
• The Cardinals announced game times of 1:15 p.m. CT and 7:15 p.m. for the Aug. 30 split-doubleheader between the Cubs and Cardinals.
• Left-hander Marco Gonzales, the team's top pick in the 2013 First-Year Player Draft, has been promoted to Double-A Springfield after going 2-2 with a 1.43 ERA in six starts for Class A Advanced Palm Beach. In those 37 2/3 innings, Gonzales allowed eight runs (six earned) on 34 hits and eight walks. He struck out 32.
• The Cardinals announced that they have made 400 more tickets available for the Pooches in the Ballpark event on June 14. The owner and dog will be required to purchase separate tickets ($40 each) and will be able to participate in a pregame parade around the field. Tickets can be purchased at cardinals.com/pooches.
• The Braves have announced that they will start the following pitchers in their upcoming visit to Busch Stadium: Ervin Santana (4-0, 1.99 ERA) on Friday, Aaron Harang (4-3, 2.98 ERA) on Saturday and Gavin Floyd (0-1, 2.70 ERA) on Sunday.