Enhanced ballpark security initiatives continue for games at Kauffman Stadium.
- Increased presence of uniformed law enforcement at all games.
- Daily facility inspection by stadium and law enforcement personnel prior to the opening of gates to the public.
- Identification and inspection of all ballpark deliveries.
- Prohibition of coolers, large backpacks or large bags in the ballpark;smaller bags, backpacks and other articles to be inspected prior to entry. Bags, backpacks or other articles must fit within a space of 16" x 16" x 8" inches (16 inches long, 16 inches tall, and 8 inches wide). Articles or bags fans intend to bring into Kauffman Stadium must not exceed these dimensions.
- Unauthorized vehicle parking prohibited within 100 feet of the ballpark exterior; parking lots are inspected daily and unattended vehicles removed.
- Security awareness training for all club personnel and detailed review of all existing security personnel.
- Use of Metal Detection Screening Equipment at all gates for all games.
To help insure everyone's safety and enjoyment of the game the Kansas City Royals request your assistance in abiding by these policies:
- Guests will enjoy the baseball experience free from foul/abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Intervention with an impaired or intoxicated guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- The progress of the game will not be disrupted by guests' actions or unauthorized persons on the playing field.
- Smoking will be permitted in designated areas only.
- Guests will show their ticket when requested and out of respect for other customers, sit only in their seat.
- Large bags, hard sided coolers, alcoholic beverages or liquid containers will not be allowed to enter the park.
- Bags that do not exceed 16x16x8 inches will be permitted in the park after a thorough inspection by Royals personnel.
- Water and sports drinks containing electrolytes in unopened plastic bottles (1-liter or smaller) will be allowed to enter the stadium.
Heightened security policies established by the Kansas City Royals and Kauffman Stadium remain in effect. We would like to remind you that these enhanced security measures are for your safety. We understand that this is an added inconvenience, however due to the nature of current world events, we feel they are necessary.
The following items are prohibited from Kauffman Stadium:
- Bags/purses in excess of 16" x 16" x 8" (16" x 16" x 8" boxes will be provided outside each gate to ensure bags are the correct size prior to entering the stadium)
- Backpacks in excess of 16" x 16" x 8" (16" x 16" x 8" boxes will be provided outside each gate to ensure bags are the correct size prior to entering the stadium)
- Any drinks beside water or sports drinks (one sealed/unopened 1-liter or smaller bottle per person allowed)
- Weapons/fireworks (including all guns and pocket knives)
- Items that could be projectiles
- Cameras with 12" or more lenses
- Banners or flags with sticks in them
- Bullhorns/airhorns/cowbells (or other noise makers deemed by staff unacceptable)
- Lasers or laser pens
- Brooms in excess of 4 feet in height
- Hard-sided coolers of any kind
- Anything that can obstruct a fans view
- Wrapped presents and/or gifts of any kind*
- Pets or animals not documented as service dogs
- Aerosol cans (i.e. sunscreen, hairspray, mace, etc.)
- Toy guns or toy knives
- Baseball Bats
- Beach Balls or other inflatables
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
*Please note that if you have a planned party of any kind that includes gifts, we advise either wrapping the gift item at Kauffman Stadium after the item has been inspected or place the unboxed gift item in a gift bag. Our security staff will ask guests to open any wrapped items.
If any of the above items are discovered at our gates, our security staff members will ask that you return these items to your vehicle or be thrown away. Prohibited items will not be stored at the gates or guest services.