Kauffman Stadium Security
Enhanced ballpark security initiatives continue for games at Kauffman Stadium.
These initiatives include:
- Increased presence of uniformed law enforcement at all games.
- Daily facility inspection by stadium and law enforcement personnel prior to the opening of gates to the public.
- Identification and inspection of all ballpark deliveries.
- Unauthorized vehicle parking is prohibited within 100 feet of the ballpark exterior; parking lots are inspected daily, and unattended vehicles are removed.
- Security awareness training for all club personnel and detailed review of all existing security personnel.
- Use of Metal Detection Screening Equipment at all gates for all games.
To help ensure everyone's safety and enjoyment of the game, the Kansas City Royals request your assistance in abiding by these policies:
- Guests will enjoy the baseball experience free from foul/abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Intervention with an impaired or intoxicated guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- The progress of the game will not be disrupted by guests' actions or unauthorized persons on the playing field.
- Guests will show their ticket when requested and, out of respect for other customers, sit only in their seat.
- Fans who have medical needs or require the use of an infant bag with an infant may be allowed to have their bags checked at designated stations at each gate. Bags should be clear or single compartment for safer inspection.
- Hard sided coolers, alcoholic beverages or liquid containers will not be allowed to enter the park.
- Water and sports drinks containing electrolytes in unopened plastic bottles (1-liter or smaller) will be allowed to enter the stadium.
Heightened security policies established by the Kansas City Royals and Kauffman Stadium remain in effect. We would like to remind you that these enhanced security measures are for your safety. We understand that this is an added inconvenience, however due to the nature of current world events, we feel they are necessary.
The following items are prohibited from Kauffman Stadium:
- Any drinks beside water or sports drinks (one sealed/unopened 1-liter or smaller bottle per person allowed) provided they are not frozen. Non-frozen, soft-sided single juice or milk containers or ADA required liquids may be allowed in as well.
- Weapons/fireworks (including all guns and pocket knives)
- Items that could be projectiles
- Cameras with 12" or more lenses
- Banners or flags with sticks in them
- Bullhorns/airhorns/cowbells (or other noise makers deemed unacceptable by staff)
- Lasers or laser pens
- Brooms in excess of 4 feet in height
- Hard-sided coolers of any kind
- Anything that can obstruct a fans view
- Wrapped presents and/or gifts of any kind
- Pets or animals not documented as service dogs
- Aerosol cans (i.e. sunscreen, hairspray, mace, etc.)
- Toy guns or toy knives
- Baseball bats
- Beach balls or other inflatables
- Unmanned aerial vehicles
If any of the above items are discovered at our gates, our security staff members will ask that you return these items to your vehicle or throw them away. Prohibited items will not be stored at the gates or guest services.