1) Collection of Information
"Personal Information" is personally identifiable information, and may include some or all of the following, depending on the specific circumstances:
- Information that helps us to identify you and/or facilitate better communication with you, such as your name, home address, email address, and gender;
- Credit and other financial information; and
- Other information, such as your birthdate, transaction history, attendance history, location information (including information obtained from in-stadium cameras, surveillance and security systems), purchase preferences and interests, and demographic information (such as marital and family status).
We collect Personal Information through a variety of means, including:
- Ticket sales and programs;
- Merchandise sales;
- Charitable programs;
- Fan loyalty programs;
- Market research and surveys;
- Contests and other promotions;
- Access control and security initiatives, including video surveillance, in use at Toronto Blue Jays games and events, and
- Other cameras and audio/visual recording devices located in and around the stadium and in use during Toronto Blue Jays games and events, including, for example, cameras located in-stadium and used for the purposes of the main video display at Rogers Centre stadium and for game and fan-related promotions.
2) Use of Personal Information
The Club uses Personal Information for the following purposes:
a) To provide you with the goods, services and programs that you have requested from us (together, the "Requested Services") and to communicate with you in respect of the Requested Services (including, for example, for a Season Ticket Member or a purchaser of another subscription or ticket product, this would include invoicing, changes/enhancements and renewals);
b) If you enter a contest or other promotion offered by the Club, to administer the contest or promotion, in accordance with its rules and applicable laws;
c) To conduct surveys and other market research;
d) Unless you request otherwise, to provide you with Club-related marketing materials and information that may be of interest to you, including, for example, special offers (e.g. new ticket programs or merchandise availability), promotions and event news;
e) Unless you request otherwise, to provide you with marketing materials and information in respect of our corporate partners and/or sponsors, including, for example, special offers, promotions and event news;
f) For internal research, analysis and study;
g) To improve our operations, services, programs, promotions and product offerings;
h)To meet our legal obligations;
i) To protect you and us, including by improving our ability to detect and prevent fraud, as well as other potentially illegal activities and violations of our policies and rules; and
j) To satisfy other reasonable, legitimate business interests (such as collecting outstanding debts).
3) Disclosure of Personal Information
The Club will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties and/or affiliates:
a) Where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a specified purpose;
b) Who are acting on our behalf as agents, suppliers or service providers, and solely to enable us to provide you with the goods, services, programs, contests, promotions and information that you have requested or otherwise consented to or to improve upon the foregoing. These entities act on behalf of the Club in these circumstances and are required to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Information. Certain of these entities may be located outside of Canada and therefore your Personal Information may be stored and processed outside Canada and may be subject to the laws of other jurisdictions;
c) If you enter a contest or other promotion offered by the Club, to administer the contest or promotion, in accordance with its rules;
d) Within the Rogers group of companies, to develop and customize products or services to better meet your needs and preferences and to offer you products and services. You can view the Rogers Group of Companies (Rogers) Commitment to Privacy at https://www.rogers.com/support/privacy. If you do not wish to receive offers from the Rogers group of companies, please contact us at the address below.
e) As part of a corporate reorganization, merger, sale or amalgamation with another entity, or a sale of all of substantially all of the Club's assets. Personal Information will be among the business assets transferred in these circumstances; and
f) To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety or security of any person or property, violations of any Club policies, and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
5) Electronic Communications and bluejays.com
We will communicate with you by way of email and other forms of electronic communication only if you have consented to us doing so or if such electronic communications otherwise comply with Canada's anti-spam laws.
6) National Do Not Call List
Since September 30, 2008, Canadians have had the ability to limit telemarketing calls they receive by adding their home, mobile, VoIP or fax number to the National Do Not Call List (see https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en for more information). Once registered, your specified phone number will be removed from many telemarketing lists within thirty one (31) days for a period of three (3) years.
8) Contact Us
Rogers Blue Jays Baseball Partnership
One Blue Jays Way, Suite 3200
Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J1
Phone: (416) 341-1000
Email: [email protected]
Last Updated and Effective Date: May 15, 2018