5K & 1 Mile Banana Boat Family Fun Walk
Saturday, March 31, 2018
The Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation is thrilled to announce the 2018 D-backs Race Against Cancer presented by the University of Arizona Cancer Center at Dignity Health St. Joseph's Hospital will be on Saturday, March 31 in downtown Phoenix, beginning and ending at Chase Field.
The 6th annual event will benefit Arizona non-profit organizations that provide screening, treatment and support for those dealing with all types of cancer. Join fellow D-backs fans as we walk and run together to raise money for this important cause!
Registration will open on January 5.
- Start time for the 5K is 7:15 a.m. Arizona Time
- Start time for the 1 Mile Banana Boat Family Fun Walk is 8:30 a.m. Arizona Time
- Registration will open on January 5, 2018.
5K Registration: $40 for all ages until March 23 ($50 after March 23)
- Includes a commemorative race shirt, drawstring bag, finisher medal and voucher for a game ticket to a select 2018 Arizona Diamondbacks home game.
1 Mile Banana Boat Family Fun Walk Registration: $20 until March 23 ($30 after March 23).
- The 1 Mile Banana Boat Family Fun Walk event includes a T-shirt, drawstring bag, finisher medal and voucher for a game ticket to a select 2018 Arizona Diamondbacks home game.
- Children 12 & under may participate in the 1 Mile Banana Boat Family Fun Walk for $5. Includes a youth T-shirt, drawstring bag, finisher medal and voucher for a game ticket to a select 2018 Arizona Diamondbacks home game.
- All participants must register by 5:00 p.m. Arizona Time on Friday, March 30.
- All participants must be pre-registered. THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION AVAILABLE.
- All 5K participants must wear their assigned bib numbers during the event.
- Team registration is welcomed.
- There are limited registration spaces available.
- Registration fees are non-refundable and only transferable through March 21, 2018. You may not give your number to another participant after March 21, 2018.
- If you are unable to attend the race on March 31 but would like to contribute to the cause, click here.
Show your team spirit! Join the D-backs Race Against Cancer Corporate Challenge and receive special group registration rates, extra benefits and great awards while raising funds for a great cause.
$500 FOR TEAM OF 20
- 20 Race/ Walk Entries
- 20 D-backs Race Against Cancer t-shirts
- 20 D-backs Race Against Cancer finisher medals
- 20 Infield Reserve ticket vouchers
- Add extra racers for $40 each, walkers for $20, and kids for $5
$1,250 FOR TEAM OF 50
- 50 Race/ Walk Entries
- 50 D-backs Race Against Cancer t-shirts
- 50 D-backs Race Against Cancer finisher medals
- 50 Baseline Reserve ticket vouchers
- 10 complimentary race-day parking passes
- Add extra racers for $35 each, walkers for $20, and kids for $5
$2,500 FOR TEAM OF 100
- 100 Race/ Walk entries
- 100 D-backs Race Against Cancer t-shirts
- 100 D-backs Race Against Cancer finisher medals
- 100 Baseline Reserve ticket vouchers
- 25 complimentary race-day parking passes
- 1 Suite Package for 18 people at TBD game during 2018 season
- Recognition on digital signage inside Chase Field during the race
- Add extra racers for $30 each, walkers for $20 and kids for $5
Corporate Challenge packet pick-up will take place at Chase Field during the designated times listed on dbacks.com/race. The team captain can pick up all of the packets for the team (please coordinate in advance) or they can be picked up individually.
Each Corporate Challenge team will be eligible for the following awards:
- Largest group
- Fastest time (Determined by the finish time of the top three finishers)
- Most donations collected
The deadline to register for the Corporate Challenge is March 23, 2018. For more information and to set up your team, contact Dustin Payne at 602.462.6665 or email@example.com.
D-backs Race Against Cancer race packets and shirts can be picked up during the following times:
Chase Field - Gate E
- Friday, March 30: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. OR 4:30 p.m. through the 3rd inning of the Rockies vs. D-backs game for fans attending the game. **Must have game ticket to pick up during this time frame.**
Located inside the Chase Field Main Gate (next to the ticket windows).
Additional dates and times may be added. Please check back the week before the race for additional information.
There will be a registration tent located on 4th Street. 5K packets can be picked up from 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. and 1 Mile Banana Boat Family Fun Walk packets can be picked up from 7:15 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
Course Rules & Regulations
- We welcome wheelchairs, strollers & wagons.
- Only registered participants are allowed on the run or walk courses.
- No roller blades, skateboards or motorized devices are allowed on the run or walk courses.
- No pets are permitted on the run or walk courses during the 5K and 1 Mile Banana Boat Family Fun Walk.
- Event will occur rain or shine. All registration fees are non-refundable
Directions & Parking
PLEASE PLAN FOR HEAVY TRAFFIC. There will be more than 5,000 runners, volunteers and spectators in attendance on race day, which can lead to congestion on roads and at parking garages and lots. For this reason, we recommend leaving your house early and carpooling. Carpooling is highly encouraged as is the use of the Metro Light Rail.
5K recommended arrival time is 6:00 a.m.
1 Mile Banana Boat Family Fun Walk recommended arrival time is 7:30 a.m.
Runners and walkers will have access to an interactive Wellness Zone, complete with D-backs partners and non-profit organizations that will provide the latest information on nutrition, exercise and cancer screening. All participants will also have the opportunity to do a victory lap around the field inside Chase Field. Check back closer to the event date for a listing of Wellness Zone vendors.
Awards & Proceeds
All participants who cross the finish line will receive a commemorative medal at the finish line.
Prizes will be awarded during a special pre-game ceremony prior to the Friday, May 4 Astros vs. D-backs game at Chase Field to the top three male and top three female finishers in each of the following age categories for the 5K:
- 12 & Under
The overall top male and female finisher for the 5K will have the opportunity to throw out a ceremonial first pitch prior to that select game. The first pitch date is determined by the Arizona Diamondbacks and is non-negotiable. If the overall top male finisher or the overall top female finisher for the 5K Race are not available on the selected date, the participant with the next best time will be given the opportunity.
All proceeds from the D-backs Race Against Cancer will benefit the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation and will be earmarked for programs and non-profits that provide screening, treatment and support for those dealing with cancer.