A new "major league" park for kids and an area celebrating iconic moments in Phillies history among latest enhancements in fandom, food and fun.
What's New in Enhancements & Fan Experiences
The Yard: Located in right field in Ashburn Alley, The Yard is a new, 13,000-square-foot interactive kids' baseball experience that literally gives fans the chance to get into the game.
- Citizens Bank Phan Field: A Wiffle ball field complete with a major-league-class dugout and MLB-quality padded outfield wall, as well as an AstroTurf-covered field that stretches 70-feet deep. This authentic play area resembles the Phillies big-league field, with the diamond-orientation featuring a unique mural of the City skyline. Framing that view is a scaled-down version of the team's PhanaVision scoreboard and the iconic Liberty Bell, both clearly visible from the centrally located dugout.
- Hatfield Phanatic Hot Dog Launcher: Just like the Phanatic on dollar dog nights, kids can test their marksmanship by aiming at targets on the wall and sending foam-frankfurters soaring.
- A 30-foot Phanatic Climbing Wall, gives fans (in harnesses) the chance to clamber around graphic depictions of Philadelphia's landmark buildings.
- A new Bullpen Speed Pitch: Fans can practice their pitches as well as measure their velocity with a radar gun.
- A new Ice Cream Bar: The ultimate indulgence for any child or kid at heart, as well as kid-sized concessions! And for parents: The Backyard Bar, proudly serving fan-favorite beers, wines, cocktails and frozen drinks. New seating and standing-room areas are also nearby.
New Left Field Plaza enhancements salute Phillies history and provide fan photo ops. Plus, a new Boardwalk Eats features boardwalk-style concessions and Bull's BBQ is redesigned and relocated.
- In the Left Field Plaza, fans are able to take selfies with oversized Phillies' 2008 and 1980 World Series trophies, as well as large statues featuring the team's retired numbers: Richie Ashburn (1), Jim Bunning (14), Mike Schmidt (20), Steve Carlton (32), Robin Roberts (36) and Jackie Robinson (42). Phillies championship pennants are also on display, as well as the newly-relocated Phillies Wall of Fame presented by Toyota.
- The Left Field Plaza area also includes the new "Boardwalk Eats," featuring boardwalk-style concessions such as hot dogs, burgers and desserts. Nearby is the newly-relocated and re-designed Bull's BBQ, where fans can enjoy food fresh off an over-sized grill, as well as mingle with 1980 World Series Champion Greg "The Bull" Luzinski. New patio seating, accessed by a new stairwell, provides a great space to enjoy all the Boardwalk Eats.
More upgrades to improve the fan experience! New eating areas in centerfield and the right field corner. Plus, newly-renovated party suites - including one with glass walls and a view of the skyline.
- Behind the batter's eye wall, there's a new gathering area that overlooks the bullpen, complete with drink rails and seating. New eating and standing room only areas are also located in the right field corner. There's also a new patio space in left field that's perfect to recharge the phones.
- To enhance the party experience, the Bill Giles Party Suites (named in honor of Phillies Chairman Emeritus Bill Giles) have been completely renovated. Each of the three new party suites are contemporary, climate-controlled, and have a roomy interior lounge area perfect for socializing, catering, and keeping an eye on the game. One party suite even features glass walls with a view of the Philadelphia skyline. Suites seat 40-70 guests.
- Other behind-the-scenes upgrades include new lighting that utilizes LED bulbs, a new sound system, painting of structural steel, re-coating of concourse walk-ways, and the extension of protective netting. The ballpark was also made a smoke-free facility.
What's New in Food & Retail
Aramark, Citizens Bank Park's exclusive concessionaire and merchandise partner, has again upgraded the ballpark's menu items with new food options. Highlights include:
- A new Ice Cream Bar in The Yard: The ultimate indulgence for any child, as well as kid-sized concessions! And for parents: The Backyard Bar, serving fan-favorite beers, wines, cocktails and frozen drinks.
- New "Boardwalk Eats" in the Left Field Plaza, featuring boardwalk-style concessions including hot dogs, burgers and desserts.
- P.J. Whelihan's is a new partner in Ashburn Alley! A sample of their delightful pub classics will be offered to fans: boneless wings, loaded tater tots, Copper Lager and more.
- Taco Trio Takeover: The only thing better than one taco is three! This season, Aramark will serve signature Smoked Brisket Taco Trio behind Sections 120 & 135. The ingredients: house smoked brisket topped with jalapenos, cilantro crema, queso fresco and sliced radishes, in corn tortillas.
- New at Harry the K's! Crispy Chicken Sandwich - fried chicken topped with tomato bacon jam, roasted shaved brussels sprouts and Vermont white cheddar cheese on a brioche bun, and Vegan Cauliflower Cheesesteak - roasted cauliflower, poblano peppers, onions, vegan cheese on a vegan roll.
- Jane Dough Cookie Dough - Gourmet edible, small batch cookie dough, available with or without soft serve and toppings, behind Sections 110 and 142.
Ballpark Innovation: Cashless transactions now avail to fans in their seats! Many in-seat vendors will accept credit cards for select menu items.
The Majestic Clubhouse Store at Citizens Bank Park has expanded its fashion and retail offerings. New highlights of the season include:
- BRXLZ 3D Stadium Puzzle: 4,800 pieces of fun to create a replica of Citizens Bank Park.
- Enhanced Players' Clubhouse: New offering of player t-shirts and jerseys can be found in the expanded Players' Clubhouse (Second level of the Majestic Clubhouse Store).
- Retro-wear expansion: Fans can get their retro on with an exclusive offering of Phillies apparel, including the powder blue jerseys from the 1980s that the team will be wearing on "Throwback Thursdays."
What's New in Phillies Fandom: Events to Celebrate Phillies History, Giveaways & More
Events and promotions celebrating Opening Week and the return of Phillies baseball to Philadelphia!
- Festivities on Nemours Opening Day (4/5) kick-off at noon at the Budweiser Opening Day Block Party. Click here to see the pre-game ceremony lineup; Plus all fans receive a Commemorative Knit Hat.
- McDonald's Opening Night T-Shirt (4/7, fans 15 and over), and Cavity Busters Kids Opening Day (4/8) with Hooded Sweatshirt (children 14 and under). Plus, Hatfield Phillies Franks Dollar Dog Nights (4/10, 4/25 and 5/8).
Pre-game events and giveaways that celebrate iconic moments in Phillies history.
- New Throwback Thursdays: on select Thursday games the team will sport powder blue uniforms from the 1980s. Also avail are #TBT Emoji T-shirt Theme Night games with a throwback t-shirt to 80's players - emoji style.
- Pregame tribute in honor of the 25th anniversary of the 1993 NL Champions on Chevrolet Father's Appreciation Day (6/10), with John Kruk 1990s BP Pullover (men 15 and over). Also featured: 1990s Retro Night (6/8).
- Pregame celebration honoring 2018 National Baseball Hall of Fame inductee Jim Thome (June 14), taking place on the 14th anniversary of his 400th home run.
- Phillies Wall of Fame Night (8/4) inducting Pat Gillick and the late Roy Halladay; Toyota Phillies Alumni Day (8/5) paying tribute to the 10th anniversary of the 2008 World Series Champion Phils with Brad Lidge Bobble Figurine.
Lots of fun giveaways and promotions for kids!
- For children 14 and under: Citizens Bank Phanatic Birthday (4/29) and Phanatic Bucket Hat, Tastykake Odubel Herrera Emoji Cap (4/22) and Comcast Phanatic About Reading Night with Phanatic Children's Book (5/12).
- Herr's Mother's Appreciation Day (5/13) with a pre-game mom salute, plus Ladies Pullover (women 15 and over).
- Memorial Day Weekend: MLB Play Ball Day proudly supported by Chevrolet (5/26) with a Phillies Water Bottle (children 14 and under) and Toyota Rhys Hoskins Starting Lineup Figure (5/27, children 14 and under).
New postgame concerts and a weekend of fireworks: no additional purchase is required to attend!
- Zedd Postgame Concert (4/27), who will be bringing his live EDM experience to the ballpark, with Coca-Cola Phillies Headphones (fans 15 and over). Postgame Country Concert (8/17, performer TBA).
- Celebrate the Fourth of July holiday early, with a weekend of Phillies XFINITY Fireworks Shows (6/29 & 6/30).
Special Theme Night tickets - some with giveaways - provide fans with similar interests the opportunity to come together and enjoy a game at Citizens Bank Park.
- New Theme Nights for 2018! 25th Anniversary of "The Sandlot" (6/9) and Marvel Super Hero Night (8/29), more details to come on the Theme Night giveaways and ballpark events in conjunction with these two nights. Check www.phillies.com/themenights for the most up to date information.
- Class of 2018 Night with cap giveaway (5/8) and Star Wars™ Night benefitting Stand Up to Cancer (5/23) with Phillies Han Nola Bobble Figurine! Also, PEANUTS™ Night with Phillies-themed Snoopy Bobble figurine giveaway (7/3).
- #PhilliesSocial dates with an Aaron Nola emoji t-shirt and batting practice experience, and #CollegeSeries events giving college students the chance to go behind-the-scenes in the business of baseball.