Fans strongly encouraged to arrive early or take public transportation to all games and events
SEPTA to offer free rides on the Broad Street Line to and from NRG Station starting at 5 p.m.courtesy of Budweiser and Bud Light as part of Anheuser Busch's safe rides programs
PPA and several parking companies offering flat rates and discounted parking in Center City
Parking lots at the Sports Complex to open at 3 p.m.
PHILADELPHIA (October 15, 2023) – With a thrilling lineup of sports events happening this Tuesday in South Philadelphia, the Sports Complex venues are issuing guidance for fan arrival and parking. Fans are strongly encouraged to arrive early or take public transportation to all games, as well as allow for extra travel time.
Below is the schedule of events set for Tuesday night:
Tuesday, October 17
- Philadelphia Flyers vs. Vancouver Canucks at Wells Fargo Center at 6 p.m.
- Mexico vs. Germany Men’s National Team Soccer Friendly at Lincoln Financial Field at 8 p.m.
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, Game 2 NLCS at Citizens Bank Park at 8:07 p.m.
SEPTA will be offering free rides on the Broad Street Line to and from NRG Station courtesy of Budweiser and Bud Light. Free rides will start at 5 p.m. and continue until the last train of the night; fans are encouraged to go directly to NRG Station after the games to ensure they get their train home. Over the last 35 years, Anheuser-Busch and its network of independent wholesaler partners have invested more than $1 billion in community-based programs and initiatives to prevent underage drinking, drunk driving, and other harmful uses of alcohol. This includes more than 3.8+ million rides offered since 1989 through the brewer's safe rides programs, which encourage patrons to travel responsibly.
The Philadelphia Parking Authority will be providing free on-street kiosk parking and offering a flat $5 discount rate for some of their garages:
- Free citywide kiosk parking beginning at 5 p.m. on Tuesday through 7 a.m. on Wednesday.
- Free parking at all PPA regional rail parking lots along SEPTA's transit lines beginning at 5 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Flat $5 rate (24 hour period) after 5 p.m. on Tuesday at the following Center City garages (to receive the discounted rate, customers must bring their parking ticket and pay at the PPA Management Office in each garage):
- AutoPark at Independence Mall (5th & Market Streets)
- AutoPark at the Fashion District (10th & Filbert Streets)
- AutoPark at Old City (2nd & Sansom Streets)
- Parkade on 8th (801 Filbert Street)
Several parking companies will also be offering discounts at lots and garages in Center City for fans to park in those designated lots and take public transportation to the Complex.
SP+ is offering $10 discounted rates on Tuesday starting at 2 p.m. up to 12 hours. Those locations are listed below:
- Broad and Vine Garage
- 8th and Market Lot
- 733 Chestnut Street Garage
LAZ Parking is offering $10 discounted rates on Tuesday starting at 4 p.m. at the below locations:
- Wanamaker Garage (1301 Chestnut Street)
- Constitution Health Plaza Garage (1930 S. Broad Street)