The Phillies teammed up with the Philadelphia Science Festival for the ninth straight year to celebrate SCIENCE with a focus on the science of baseball.
Held during the Saturday, March 30 game against the Atlanta Braves at 4:05 p.m., children took part in fun science activities at the First Base Gate and complete tasks at each location!
Vendors who were in attendance:
- School of Arts and Sciences, University of Pennsylvania - The Science Behind Bats, Balls, and Gloves
- Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education - Feats of Strength: Philadelphia Animals versus Philadelphia Phillies
- University of the Sciences Physical Therapy Department - The Science of the Swing
- Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University - Don't strike out! Do you know how to be sun safe?
- Rowan University Department of Health and Exercise Science - Where is the Science in Exercise?
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia - Heathy Body
- John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum - How do binoculars work?
- BioEYES, University of Pennsylvania - What Can Zebrafish Teach Us About Ourselves?
- The Franklin Institute - What's in your baseball?
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - What is Osteopathic Manipulation?