At Pirates Baseball Camps, we share one ultimate goal - which is that every drill, swing, throw, and eye-popping young fan experience is designed to unlock your child's personal best. Whether it's a drill to work on their throwing technique or the excitement of a stadium visit, we pack every day with experiences to bring kids closer to who they will someday become - and to the team they love. By equipping young ballplayers with the tools to help them find and be their personal best right now, our mission is to prepare their future self to take on the world, both on and off the diamond.
- Four days of baseball instruction and competition in our custom-built curriculum
- Full Pirates Camp Uniform including hat, jersey, pants, socks & belt
- Day-long visit to PNC Park
- Meet & Greet with a current or alumni Pirates player
- Autographed photo by a current or alumni Pirates player
- World Series Ring & Trophy Experience
- Extended day options available
2018 CAMP SCHEDULE
- July 9 - July 13: Location TBD, Facility TBD
- July 16 - July 20: Fox Chapel, Shady Side Academy
- July 23 - July 27: Shadyside, The Ellis School
- July 30 - August 3: Location TBD, Facility TBD
The Pirates Baseball Camps curriculum is designed to accommodate all levels of youth baseball players - from young beginners to travel-team participants, and every player in between, all through the fan experience of a lifetime for any young Pirates fan. With a focus on the fundamentals of the game, players of all ability and experience levels can benefit from small-group instruction as it develops and reinforces baseball-specific skills. Over the course of the week, the curriculum builds upon itself to expose young players to new skills, while simultaneously reinforcing the very basics that they've seen throughout the week.
Beyond the baseball-specific skills of Pirates Baseball Camps, we focus on the development of leadership and character-building skills that translate to success both on and off the baseball field. We're dedicated to developing the personal best in each and every one of our campers, and to accomplishing this through the power of play, and through a connection to a team and sport that campers love. Our activities map to age-appropriate content in six critical developmental skills: Optimism, Resiliency, Goal-Setting, Emotional Mastery, Self-Efficacy and Grit - all aimed at inspiring each camper's personal best.
In addition to the four days of baseball programming, campers spend one day at PNC Park for a behind-the-scenes tour, World Series Ring & Trophy experience, and meet-and-greet with a current or alumni player.