Can't make it to the game? Send in a pinch-hitter!
You have two options for donating your Pirates tickets!
By donating any unused tickets to TFK, you send underprivileged children to the game - and get a tax deduction!
- The Pittsburgh Pirates and Tickets for Kids® Charities have collaborated on the "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" Program - only for Season Ticket Holders.
- You can donate your tickets from the 2020 season either in advance of a game or after the fact, as long as you donate them all by Monday, September 21, 2020.
- Tickets offered for this program may not have been previously exchanged. Donated tickets must be for the original game date purchased.
- Promotional tickets and/or tickets showing a face value of $0 cannot be accepted.
- You will receive a tax receipt by January 31, 2021, from Tickets for Kids® Charities for the value of your donation. Donation value will be determined from your season ticket value, not face value.
We now offer two convenient options to submit your season tickets:
- Mail the tickets to Tickets for Kids® Charities, c/o Take Me Out to the Ballgame program, 115 Federal Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15212-5724 or drop them in the Tickets for Kids® Charities box at Guest Relations at PNC Park.
- You can forward your tickets using either the MLB Ballpark app or your My Pirates Tickets account, or you can forward your tickets to [email protected] for us to retrieve the ticket information to donate to Tickets for Kids.
Tickets for Kids® Charities (TFK) is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that is dedicated to enriching the lives of low-income and at-risk children and their families by providing access to artistic, cultural, educational, and sports and recreational opportunities. Ticket for Kids' vision is a world where our most vulnerable children feel included, valued, and inspired to reach their full potential. You can donate your unused tickets and they will be provided to local charities that serve our community's children and families who normally would not have the opportunity to attend a Pittsburgh Pirates' game. Since its inception in 1994, TFK has distributed more than 3 million tickets valued in excess of $64.1 million to disadvantaged children and their families.
Thank you again for your generous donation to Tickets for Kids Charities. Please visit us at ticketsforkids.org to learn more about our impact.
By donating any future game tickets to Vet Tix, you send underprivileged children to the game - and get a tax deduction!
The Vet Tix mission is to provide tickets to sporting events, concerts, performing arts and family activities aimed at improving mental welfare and enriching the lives of active military service members and veterans. The Pirates are proud to partner with Vet Tix, giving Season Ticket Holders the opportunity to donate future game tickets to military personnel and families, all fully tax-deductible.
Donating your tickets is very simple process utilizing your My Pirates Tickets account. Here are simple step-by-step instructions:
- After logging into your My Pirates Tickets account, please click "My Ticket Inventory."
- Select "Ticket Action: Donate Tickets."
- Select active season tickets to donate in your inventory below.*
- Select "Continue" in the lower right hand corner.
- Select "Charity (Vet Tix)" from the "Donate To" dropdown menu.
- Include Personal Message (optional) and click Continue.
* Only one game can be donated per transaction but you are not limited to the number of donation transactions.
You are able to donate your season tickets for any game of your choice up until two (2) hours prior to first pitch. This is a great benefit as you are awarded more time to donate a particular game should you miss the 24-hour prior to first pitch future season ticket exchange window.
- You will receive an electronic copy of your donation up to one day following the completion of the game donated. Please keep this letter for your records as it will be eligible for tax filing purposes the following year.
Vet Tix is a national non-profit, non-governmental 501c(3) tax-exempt organization. All contributions made to the organization are deductible under section 170 of the IRS code. But most importantly, they're a dedicated group of business people who are also Veterans and family members of veterans. It's their privilege to serve our military and veterans and to provide an opportunity for the rest of America to express its thanks and gratitude.