As a continuation of Major League Baseball's league-wide implementation requirement that began in 2015 and in the interest of continuing to ensure fan safety at Coors Field, the Colorado Rockies will use walk-through metal detectors at all gates. Some key points for Rockies fans to keep in mind:
- Unlike the procedures at the airport, fans entering Coors Field WILL NOT be required to remove shoes or belts; fans WILL BE required to remove cell phones, cameras and keys prior to passing through the metal detectors.
- As in past seasons, the Rockies will continue to allow fans to bring bags, backpacks and purses into Coors Field (16"x16"x8" size limit). The food and drink policy will remain the same as well.
- Fans should allow extra time for entry on game days, and fans should be aware of all of the entrance gates as there are typically much shorter lines at gates other than the home plate gate (Gate D, 20th and Blake).
- For fans who have no carry-in items, there are Express Lanes at Gates B (22nd and Blake), C (21st and Blake) and D. There are also special lanes for Season Ticket Holders only at Gates A, C and E (Wynkoop). Additional entry points will be implemented for some games; these will be located on Blake Street between Gates B and C, and on 20th Street between Gates D and E.
- Gates A (Parking Lot) and E open two hours prior to game time; Gates B, C and D open 90 minutes prior to game time. For Opening Day, gates will open earlier, as follows: Gate A will open at 11 a.m. for Rooftop access, and all other gates and entry points will open at noon.
- Coors Field parking lots will open at 9 a.m. on Opening Day. Visit Rockies.com/parking for all parking information.
- Starting on Opening Day, the Rockies CLEAR lane will be at Gate C for every home game this season. The CLEAR lane will open for entry 2 hours prior to game time on Opening Day and 1.5 hours prior to game time for the remainder of the season. Enrollment is free and fans can enroll at Gate C beginning at 10 a.m. on Opening Day.
Peak arrival times begin about 30 minutes prior to game time and may extend to 30 minutes after game time; in order to avoid long lines at the gates, please plan your arrival to avoid this window as best you can.