CHICAGO –The Chicago White Sox today announced their 2021 alternate training site game schedule and initial player roster.
The White Sox will play host to the Chicago Cubs alternate team for five games (April 13, 19, 24, 28 and 30). Four of the five scheduled games will take place at Wintrust Field in Schaumburg, Ill., the site of the 2021 White Sox alternate training facility and home of the Schaumburg Boomers. The April 19 contest will be played at Guaranteed Rate Field. All games are scheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m. CT except for a noon first pitch on April 30.
The Sox will travel to the Cubs alternate site in South Bend, Ind. for games on April 15, 17, 21 and 26. Games in South Bend are scheduled for 1:00 p.m. CT except for the April 15 game which will be determined at a later date. Fans will be allowed to attend the April 17 contest. The remaining three games in South Bend will be closed to the public.
The feasibility of safely allowing fans at select games in Schaumburg currently is under consideration, and details will be announced at a future date. The White Sox vs. Cubs alternate squad game at Guaranteed Rate Field on April 19 will not be open to the public.
The Sox alternate site team includes 14 pitchers, two catchers, six infielders and four outfielders. A breakdown of the White Sox alternate site roster:
• RHP (12): Zack Burdi, Ryan Burr, Will Carter, Danny Dopico, Tayron Guerrero, Tyler Johnson, Reynaldo López, Kade McClure, Alex McRae, Connor Sadzeck, Jonathan Stiever and Mike Wright;
• LHP (2): Kodi Medeiros and Nik Turley;
• C (2): Carlos Pérez and Seby Zavala;
• INF (6): Tim Beckham, Marco Hernández, Danny Mendick, Zach Remillard, Matt Reynolds and Gavin Sheets;
• OF (4): Luis González, Mikie Mahtook, Blake Rutherford and Nick Williams.