Please adhere to the following guidelines so that all fans may enjoy their experience at Guaranteed Rate Field.
Entrance Security Policies
In an effort to ensure the safety of all, guests entering Guaranteed Rate Field will enter through upright metal detectors and all carry-in items will be searched. To allow for these security measures, guests are encouraged to arrive at the ballpark early. Our gates open 90 minutes prior to the first pitch (Opening Day the gates open 2 hours prior to first pitch).
Here are some helpful hints to allow for easier access into the ballpark:
- When approaching the walk-through metal detectors, please remove cell phones, cameras, tablets, laptops and other large metal objects. Please do not remove any jackets, belts, coins, wallets, watches, or other objects of similar size. It is illegal for anyone to enter or attempt to enter the ballpark with a firearm, regardless of permit.
- For the comfort and security of all our guests, we do not allow fans to enter Guaranteed Rate Field with hazardous or disruptive items. Samples of items that are not permitted into the ballpark include selfie sticks, boom boxes, inflatable balls, Frisbees, laser pointers, fireworks, footballs and weapons of any kind.
- All bags, purses, fanny packs and backpacks 16x16x8-inch or smaller are permitted and subject to search upon entry and within the ballpark. Soft-sided coolers and soft-sided briefcases are permitted. Hard-sided coolers and briefcases, ice packs and cooler inserts are not permitted.
- Please adhere to the guidelines so that all fans may enjoy their experience at Guaranteed Rate Field.
- Weapons of any type, including pepper spray. It is illegal for anyone to enter or attempt to enter the ballpark with a firearm, regardless of permit.
- Selfie Sticks
- Areosol Spray cans including hair spray, sunscreen etc.
- Bottles, cans, hard-sided coolers or any type of alcohol beverage.
- Guests may not use any tobacco products inside the ballpark. Pursuant to the Smoke-Free Illinois Act 95-0017, the use of cigarettes, electronic cigarettes and chewing tobacco are prohibited.
- Per MLB policy, drones are strictly prohibited on Guaranteed Rate Field and White Sox property.
- Carry in food in a small, clear (see-through) plastic bag.
- Enter with small, soft-sided bags (no larger than 16" x 16" x 8") that will be searched prior to entering the park.
- Carry in one sealed plastic bottle of water, one liter or less in size, but no other beverages of any kind.
- Use small, compact umbrellas. When opened, they may not obstruct the view of other guests. Golf size umbrellas are not permitted into the ballpark.
- Bring in small umbrella type strollers.
Fan Code of Conduct
Guaranteed Rate Field will be free from foul/abusive language or obscene gestures by guests.
Intervention with an impaired or intoxicated Guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
Our Guests' experience will not be disrupted by unruly actions or behavior of others, including unauthorized persons entering the playing field.
Guests will show their tickets when requested and sit only in their ticketed seats. Guests holding tickets for the Upper Level must remain in the Upper Level.
Guests should refrain from wearing indecent clothing or otherwise detracts from the experience of other guests.
The use of any tobacco products of any kind (smoking electronic cigarettes and smokeless tobacco) is strictly prohibited in Guaranteed Rate Field pursuant to the Smoke-Free Illinois Act 95-0017.
Per MLB policy, drones are strictly prohibited on Guaranteed Rate Field and White Sox property, including parking lots.
Anyone not adhering to our polices is subject to ejection from the park or arrest.
If a guest experiences difficulties with other guest(s) in the ballpark or is in need of assistance for any other issue (medical, security, etc.), they are encouraged to use their mobile phone to anonymously text RISEABOVE to 69050. A reply message will be sent to your phone by our Command Center personnel and the appropriate staff member will be dispatched to the appropriate location as needed. Standard text messaging rates may apply.
Universal Ground Rules
The Commissioner's Office has issued the following Universal Ground Rules for use in all Major League ballparks this season. Ground Rules pertaining to individual parks are posted separately in those parks.
- Ball on the top step (lip) of the dugout is in play.
- No equipment is permitted to be left on the top step (lip) of the dugout. If a ball hits equipment left on the top step it is dead.
- A player is not permitted to step or go into a dugout to make a catch.
- A player is permitted to reach into a dugout to make a catch. If a player makes a catch outside the dugout and the player's momentum carries him into the dugout, then the catch is allowed and the ballis dead. See Rule5.09(a)(1) Comment.
- A batted ball in flight can be caught between or under railings and around screens.
- A catch may be made on the field tarp.
- Batted or thrown ball lodging in the rotating signage behind home plate or along first base or third base stands is out of play.
- Batted or thrown ball resting on the rotating signage behind home plate or along first base or third base stands is in play.
- The facings of railings surrounding the dugout and photographers areas are in play.
- Any cameras or microphones permanently attached on railings or along outfield walls are treated as part of the railings or outfield walls and are in play.
- Any recessed railings or poles that are in the dugout and photographers areas are out of play and should be marked with red to mark them out of play.
- Robotic cameras or audio equipment attached to the facing of the backstop screen are considered part of the screen.
- A batted ball striking the backstop camera or audio equipment is considered a dead ball.
- A thrown ball striking the backstop camera or audio equipment is considered in play.
- A ball striking the guy wires that support the backstop is a dead ball.
- A ball lodging behind or under canvas on field tarp is out of play.
- A ball striking the field tarp and rebounding onto the playing field is in play.
- No chairs can be brought out of the dugout or bullpen and onto the playing field.
- All yellow lines are in play.