Chicago Cubs season ticket accounts (each a "Ticket Account") represent a non-transferable, non-renewable, revocable Ticket License (the "License" or "Ticket") offered by Chicago Cubs Baseball Club, LLC (the "Club"), subject to the terms and conditions set forth below, and any policies published by the Club, in each case as amended from time to time (the terms and conditions below and any policies published by Club, in each case as amended from time to time, are collectively referred to as the "Season Ticket Program"). Payment by a Licensee (defined below) to Club for Tickets or accepting or using Tickets constitutes Licensee's and their transferee's acceptance of the License pursuant to the Season Ticket Program. By accepting the License, Licensee acknowledges and agrees Licensee does not have reasonable expectation of a guaranteed renewal of the License or to purchase any tickets, nor any right or privilege, implied or otherwise, to renew the License.
- For the purposes of this License, the "Licensee" is the adult individual or legal business entity account holder of record to whom the Ticket Account is registered in accordance with Paragraph 3, below. This License covers each Ticket Account pursuant to which Licensee is permitted to purchase Tickets for all or a predetermined number of Club's regular season home games (each a "Game" and collectively the "Games"). Each Ticket covered by the License represents a separate, non-renewable, revocable License which permits the bearer the right to: (a) enter the publicly-accessible areas of Wrigley Field (the "Ballpark") at times determined by Club; (b) attend the Game identified on the Ticket; and (c) sit in the seat location identified on the Ticket. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Club reserves the right to move or reseat any individual at any time as needed to ensure a safe and orderly Game presentation, or otherwise in the event construction, weather or other causes outside the control of Club require the closure of one or more seats or sections. This License, the Ticket Account and Tickets are revocable at the sole and absolute discretion of Club, with or without cause, including, but not limited to, failure to pay any amount when due. Without limiting the foregoing, Licensees are advised Club may cancel any Ticket Account, revoke any License or take other appropriate action, including, without limitation, ejection and further legal action for conduct including, but not limited to: (a) any form of fraudulent activity, including without limitation fraudulently obtaining wheelchair and companion seats; (b) the purchase of Tickets for the purpose and intent of reselling the Tickets on the secondary market; (c) use of Tickets for sweepstakes, contests and/or promotions without the prior written consent of Club.
- The License covers only the Games. By accepting the License, Licensee further acknowledges and agrees that it has no expectancy, right or privilege to any tickets to any other event at the Ballpark, including without limitation, concerts, non-baseball sporting events, exhibitions, or postseason games played by Club (e.g., Wild Card games, Division Series, League Championship Series and World Series games, hereinafter "Postseason Events"), or any other events held at the Ballpark (e.g., the All Star Game, etc.). The purchase of tickets for Postseason Events or other events at the Ballpark, if offered by Club, shall be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth, from time to time, by Major League Baseball ("MLB"), Club or the other event/concert promoter, as applicable, published in connection with such subsequent offer. Your Ticket Account does not guarantee you access to tickets to Postseason Events or any other events at the Ballpark, and nothing nothing herein shall constitute an offer, promise or guarantee of tickets to Postseason Events or other events. If tickets to such other events are sold, Licensee is not guaranteed a right to purchase. Any opportunity granted by Club to renew the License or to purchase tickets to Postseason Events or other events is a privilege revocable, at any time, in Club's sole and absolute discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, if Club permits a Ticket Account to credit unused Postseason Event tickets or Postseason Event ticket deposits toward a deposit for a Ticket Account for a subsequent season, such permission is for convenience only and does not guarantee a renewal of any Ticket Account for the subsequent season. In the event your Ticket Account is not renewed, any unused deposit will be refunded via your original method of payment. In addition, your Ticket Account does not guarantee you any particular seating location to any Postseason Events or other events. For example, the Budweiser Bleachers are general admission during regular season Games, but will be reserved seating for any applicable Postseason Event. In addition, pursuant to MLB rules, all Account Holders purchasing regular season plans are subject to relocation for Postseason Events. In the event Club reaches the postseason, Club will communicate additional postseason location information.
- The Ticket Account may only be registered in the name of one adult individual or legal business entity, who or which shall be identified as the Licensee in Club's Ticket Account database. For accounts registered to an individual, such individual must be a living individual with valid government-issued identification. Registering a Ticket Account under a false or assumed identity, or under the name of any third party who is not involved with the Ticket Account and/or does not pay for the tickets, is viewed by Club as fraudulent and in violation of these terms, and Club reserves the right to immediately revoke and/or not renew any such account with no liability to Club whatsoever. Club further reserves the right to request additional or alternate evidence of identity or to require any Ticket Account to pay for tickets in person. For the avoidance of doubt, arrangements where a number of individuals share the cost of a Ticket Account shall not be a violation of this paragraph, provided such individuals pay for the Tickets or are otherwise involved in the Ticket Account. In the event the Ticket Account is registered in the name of a legal business entity, a contact person must be identified for the limited purpose of correspondence and contact; provided, however, in no event will the contact person be considered the Licensee. In the event of any dispute regarding a Ticket Account, the Ticket Account database of Club shall be the system of record. Payment of the Invoice by anyone other than the Licensee, and receipt of payment thereof by Club, does not constitute or effectuate an assignment or transfer of the Ticket License or otherwise waive any provision of the Season Ticket Program. No purported assignment or transfer of the Ticket License shall be effective unless expressly authorized by Club, in writing. Club reserves the right to require any legal business entity to provide appropriate evidence of authorization for the Ticket Account.
- For each season, your ticket package is not divisible or severable and must be paid in full by the published deadline associated with your Ticket Account prior to receiving any License for the applicable season. In addition, all deposits are non-refundable. If Club does not receive any amount due by the communicated deadline, you are still responsible for making the required payment and Club reserves the right to pursue any and all options to collect amounts due, including litigation if needed. Club also reserves the right to terminate your Ticket Account and retain your deposit. This means you forfeit your deposit and your Ticket Account tenure and Club will release your seats.
- The License, the Ticket Account, and/or any privileges Licensee may have hereunder, shall not be assigned or transferred in any manner, whether voluntarily or by gift, bequest, or operation of law, by Licensee to any other person or entity without the express written consent of Club. Only Licensee (i.e., the individual identified in Club's Ticket Account database) can request a Ticket Account be assigned or transferred. If Club discovers a Ticket Account has been kept in the name of an individual other than the account holder of record, or if the account holder of record is not acting on his/her own behalf (e.g., does not pay for the Ticket Account, Tickets are sent to an address not in any way associated with account holder of record, account holder of record is unaware he/she is the account holder of record), Club will consider such conduct fraudulent and in violation of these terms, and Club reserves the right to immediately revoke and/or not renew any such account with no liability to Club whatsoever. No payment by Holder or receipt by Club of a lesser amount than the invoiced fees stipulated shall be deemed to be other than on account of the earliest stipulated fees, nor shall any endorsement or statement on any check or any letter accompanying any check or payment of the fees be deemed an accord and satisfaction, and Club shall accept such check or payment without prejudice to Club's right to recover the balance of the fees or pursue any other remedy in these terms or otherwise available at law or equity.
- Any direct or indirect sale, resale, auction, assignment or transfer (collectively, "resale") of any Tickets must be done in accordance with applicable law. Any resale in violation of applicable law will constitute a material breach of this License. Any attempt by two or more persons to gain admission to a Game or other event with both a cancelled Ticket and a reissued Ticket will constitute a material breach of this License. No Ticket(s) may be used for advertising, promotion (including contests, giveaways or sweepstakes) or other trade or commercial purposes without the express prior written consent of Club. The use of any Ticket for commercial or other transactions in violation of this License, with or without the knowledge of the Licensee, is the sole responsibility of Licensee, who shall remain absolutely and unconditionally responsible for any violations of License and material breach of this License. Without limiting the foregoing, Club reserves the right to hold Licensee responsible for the use of any Ticket bar code associated with the Ticket Account. Accordingly, Licensee should control and supervise the use of all Ticket(s) so that License is not violated or materially breached. Club reserves the right to investigate violations and/or alleged violations of the License and take appropriate action, including, without limitation, revocation of License. The failure of Licensee or any person in possession of the Ticket(s) to cooperate with any investigation constitutes a material breach of this License.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or shall, limit in any way Club's sole and absolute discretion as to whether to offer any future Tickets to the Ticket Account or any individual affiliated with the Ticket Account.
- WARNING: HARD HIT BASEBALLS, BATS, FRAGMENTS THEREOF OR OTHER OBJECTS MAY BE THROWN OR HIT INTO STANDS, CONCOURSES OR CONCESSION AREAS. PLEASE STAY ALERT AND BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS. The bearer of a Ticket assumes all risk incidental to the sport of baseball and any other event at Ballpark to which any ticket applies, whether occurring prior to, during or after the Game or event, including (but not exclusively) the danger of being injured by or in connection with any broken or released bat, fragments thereof, or thrown or batted balls and agrees the Chicago Cubs Baseball Club, LLC, Wrigley Field, Chicago Cubs Charities, the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, MLB Advanced Media, L.P., Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the MLB Network, the MLB clubs, Tickets.com, Inc., and each of their respective parent, subsidiaries or affiliated entities, players, officers, members, managers, employees, partners, sponsors, or agents shall not be liable for injuries or loss of personal property resulting from attending the Game or event.
- Club reserves the right, with or without refunding the face value of the Ticket, to revoke the License, refuse admission or eject any person whose conduct is deemed to be disorderly, who uses abusive language, who carries or attempts to carry a weapon into Ballpark, who fails to comply with the terms and conditions of License, who interferes with any ball in the field of play or any player attempting to make a play on any batted, pitched or thrown baseball, or who otherwise violates the Guest Code of Conduct published at www.cubs.com and applicable to Ballpark. Entering the field of play, placing, dropping, tossing, hurling any substance or object onto the field or otherwise trespassing in any restricted area is a felony under Illinois law punishable by imprisonment and/or fine of not less than $1,000. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Violation of any of the foregoing by Licensee or any person using a Ticket, as determined by Club, may lead to the revocation of License and termination of the Ticket Account.
- Club reserves the right to inspect any bags, clothing or other articles prior to entry into the Ballpark and prohibit entry or require removal of any items which Club deems inappropriate or potentially injurious to the Ballpark, other patrons of the Ballpark or field personnel.
- BY USING TICKET, THE BEARER OF THE TICKET AGREES THAT: (A) HE/SHE SHALL NOT TRANSMIT OR AID IN TRANSMITTING ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE GAME OR OTHER EVENT TO WHICH THE TICKET GRANTS ADMISSION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ACCOUNT, DESCRIPTION, PICTURE, VIDEO, AUDIO, REPRODUCTION OR OTHER INFORMATION CONCERNING THE GAME OR OTHER EVENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PRE-GAME, INTERMISSION, POST-GAME OR OTHER ACTIVITY (COLLECTIVELY, "GAME INFORMATION"); (B) CLUB, THE COMMISSIONER OF MLB OR THE OTHER EVENT PROMOTER, AS APPLICABLE, IS THE EXCLUSIVE OWNER OF ALL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, COPYRIGHTS AND OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS IN THE GAME AND GAME INFORMATION AND/OR THE OTHER EVENT; AND (C) CLUB, THE PARTICIPATING OPPOSING CLUB, THE COMMISSIONER OF MLB AND THE OTHER EVENT PROMOTER AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS AND LICENSEES SHALL HAVE THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT AND LICENSE TO USE THE BEARER'S LIKENESS IN ANY BROADCAST, TELECAST, FILM, AUDIO/VIDEO RECORDING OR PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH THE GAME OR OTHER EVENT OR OTHER TRANSMISSION OR REPRODUCTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, OF THE GAME OR OTHER EVENT FOR ANY PURPOSE SUCH AS ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL OR OTHER COMMERCIAL PURPOSES, IN PERPETUITY, AND IN ALL MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR SUBSEQUENTLY DEVELOPED, WITHOUT COMPENSATION/NOTIFICATION.
- Licensee and persons using Tickets shall not attach, hang or display any signs, banners, advertisements or other notices in the Ballpark. Without limiting the foregoing, Licensee and persons using Tickets shall not engage in any campaigning, canvassing or electioneering unless expressly approved in advance, in writing, by Club.
- Club accepts notification of an address change in written form only. All requests must be made and signed by the account holder of record and are subject to Club approval.
- In the event a Game is canceled due to inclement weather, or circumstances beyond the control of Club, please check www.cubs.com for the exchange policy for such Game. Tickets are not subject to any refund and shall bear no cash value. In the event a regulation game as defined by MLB (i.e., four and one-half (4 ½) innings if Club is ahead or five (5) full innings if the visiting club is ahead or the Game is tied) is not played due to any adverse weather condition, the Ticket will constitute a rain check subject to any applicable policy announced by Club and published on www.cubs.com for the Game. Please retain the applicable Ticket as it may need to be presented to receive a Ticket to the rescheduled Game. In some cases, refund or credit may be available only to the original purchaser.
- Club reserves the right at any time, and without prior notice, to modify, amend or supplement the Season Ticket Program. Club's and the opponent club's rosters, lineups, coaches and manager and the dates and times for each Game and other event are all subject to change.
- Any dispute/controversies/claim arising out of /relating to this License/these terms shall be resolved by binding arbitration, solely on an individual basis, in Chicago, Illinois. Ticket holder and Club agree not to seek class arbitration and class claims and the arbitrator(s) may not consolidate more than one (1) person's claims.
- The License is governed by Illinois law without regards to its conflict of law principles. The exclusive venue for any disputes arising out of the License shall be the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois or the Circuit Court of Cook County. Any written notice should be mailed to: Chicago Cubs, Wrigley Field, Attn: Senior Director, Ticket Operations, 1060 West Addison Street, Chicago, IL 60613.
- The terms of the Season Ticket Program are severable. In the event any provision of this Season Ticket Program is held illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed and shall be inoperative and may be replaced or modified by Club with a similar term which complies with existing law. In such case, the remaining terms and conditions shall conditions shall not be affected, and, provided that the fundamental terms and conditions of Season Ticket Program remain legal and enforceable, the remainder of the Season Ticket Program shall remain operative and binding.
For additional information on your Ticket Account and other offers, please visit www.cubs.com/STH