Sports Pathways Program
The Miami Marlins Sports Pathways Program partners with local colleges and universities to participate in a work study program for nine months beginning in February 2023. The program provides hands-on experience working in a business environment. Students take on projects and developing career skills with the Miami Marlins Front Office. Our goal is to enhance a student’s classroom training by allowing them to apply their skills to a professional work environment. Students who are undergraduate or graduate students during the program term are eligible to apply. You must remain an active student during the program. Applications will be open through January 9th.
An applicant will only be considered if he/she meets all criteria below:
- Enrolled full time in an accredited university or college
- Can meet the program time commitments: February 1st through October 31st
- During the Spring/Fall Semesters: work not to exceed 30 hours per week
- During Summer Break: 40 hours per week
- Attend Monthly Lunch & Learn with department leaders
- Participate in a Volunteer Day with the Miami Marlins Foundations
Applications must be emailed to [email protected] by January 9, 2023, along with the following documents:
- Completed Application form
- Provide at least one (1) letter of recommendation from a professor, school administrator, coach, religious leader, or mentor familiar with the applicant’s academic work, career goals and character.
- Provide a personal statement (1,000 words or less) including information on applicant’s background, personal qualities, career goals, and an obstacle they have encountered and how they managed to rise above the challenge. The statement should also include why applicant is interested in working in sports.