1. Phillies Charities, Inc. ("Phillies Charities") will conduct a 50/50 Drawing (each, a "Drawing") at Citizens Bank Park on such of the dates on which home games (regular season and post-season) of the Philadelphia Phillies are scheduled to be played as it may elect.
2. On each of those dates, Drawing tickets will be sold throughout Citizens Bank Park from one hour prior to first pitch through the earlier of the end of the 7th inning of that date's game or the time at which a decision is announced that the game or its completion has been postponed to a later date or cancelled. For select promotional dates, ticket sales will begin when gates open. Such sales shall be for cash, as follows: (a) three tickets for five dollars; (b) ten tickets for ten dollars; and (c) eighty tickets for twenty dollars. Every Drawing ticket sale will be final and each ticket purchased will represent one entry in the drawing for the winner of the Drawing. Phillies Charities shall, from time to time throughout the period that Drawing tickets are being sold, identify on signage within the ballpark the charitable organization(s) for whose benefit the Drawing is being conducted.
3. Following the conclusion of the 7th inning (or the announcement of any postponement or cancellation of the game), a single winning Drawing ticket will be randomly drawn utilizing an automated computer program. The winning ticketholder need not be present at the time of the drawing in order to win. The winning Drawing ticket will be announced during the 8th inning (or within fifteen minutes following any such postponement or cancellation announcement), by posting its number on the ballpark's electronic side boards from time to time and by thereafter being posted for at least the next thirty days on the Phillies Charities website (www.phillies.com/raffle).
4. Each Drawing, and all tickets, transactions, participants, purchasers, winners and other aspects of the Drawing whatsoever, are subject to these Official Rules, to the Pennsylvania Local Option Small Games of Chance Act and the regulations adopted pursuant thereto (together, "the Act"), and to any and all other statutes and regulations that may be applicable thereto.
5. Half of the amount of the gross proceeds from the sale of tickets for each Drawing (as determined by Phillies Charities in its sole discretion) shall constitute the Drawing's prize (the "Prize"). The other half shall be retained by Phillies Charities for distribution to charitable organizations in accordance with the Act.Prize winners will be subject to all withholding tax and other federal, state and local tax requirements.
6. To prove entitlement to any Prize, the holder of the winning Drawing ticket must do the following, in person, either at the Guest Services booth located on the main concourse behind home plate, before the end of the 9th inning or, thereafter, by appointment at the offices of Phillies Charities at Citizens Bank Park on or before midnight of the day which is fifteen days following the later of the last day of The Phillies regular season or of its last post-season game: (a) produce the winning Drawing ticket; (b) complete and sign the appropriate Prize Claim Form; and (c) complete and sign all applicable tax forms. Once those steps have been timely completed to its reasonable satisfaction, Phillies Charities will, within thirty days thereafter, mail its check, in the amount of the Prize net of any applicable tax withholding, to the person and at the address specified in the Prize Claim Form. Any Prize that is not properly and timely so claimed and any Prize check so mailed that is returned undeliverable, shall be deemed forfeited and the Prize amount shall instead be retained by Phillies Charities for distribution to charitable organizations in accordance with the Act.
7. Drawing tickets may not be purchased and Prizes may not be claimed by any person who is: (a) not at least 18 years old; (b) visibly intoxicated; or (c) selling tickets for or otherwise engaged in the operation of that Drawing or is a director and/or officer of Phillies Charities, or a member of the immediate family of any such person. A Drawing ticket is void and its holder is ineligible to win the Prize if there is sufficient evidence, in the sole discretion of Phillies Charities, that the ticket was improperly issued, printed in duplicate or in error, counterfeited, stolen, illegible, altered or subject to other similar or dissimilar material deficiencies and Phillies Charities will have no liability with respect to or the redemption in error of such a ticket. Unauthorized persons copying, selling or altering Drawing tickets or otherwise undermining the legitimate operation of a Drawing are subject to prosecution.
8. By purchasing a Drawing ticket, each ticketholder agrees to have his or her name, address, biographical information, photograph, image and likeness, and voice published, broadcast and otherwise reproduced by Phillies Charities and/or The Phillies in any media or format, worldwide, for publicity and promotional purposes, without notice, review or approval and without further payment or consideration, for an unlimited duration.
9. Each person who purchases a Drawing ticket, together with his or her personal representatives, heirs, successors and assigns (collectively, a "Participant"), is by that act conclusively deemed to have agreed with Phillies Charities as follows: (a) to defend, indemnify, release and forever discharge Phillies Charities, The Phillies and each of the other Major League Baseball Clubs (individually and collectively), the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and the respective present and future affiliated entities, owners (direct and indirect), officers, directors, employees, agents and committees of the foregoing persons or entities (collectively the "Released and Indemnified Parties"), from and against any and all claims, injuries, losses, damages or liabilities of any nature whatsoever to persons or property, which such Participant may now or hereafter assert, including but not limited to claims for injury, death, illness or damages, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in any Drawing and from acceptance, receipt, ownership, possession, misuse or use of any Prize; (b) to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or defect in the operation of any Drawing or in these Official Rules; (c) that the Released and Indemnified Parties have made no representation, warranty or guaranty, expressed or implied, in law or in fact, relative to the operation of the Drawings or to any Prize, and are not responsible for any errors in Drawing operations, Prizes or materials; (d) to waive all rights to bring a class action suit or to claim punitive, incidental, special and consequential damages, attorney's fees or any damages from or against any of the Released and Indemnified Parties other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to purchase a Drawing ticket; (e) that any disputes will be resolved in Philadelphia and governed under Pennsylvania law, without reference to its conflicts of law principles; (f) that any failure to enforce any provision of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision; and (g) that Phillies Charities may modify, suspend or postpone any Drawing to the extent in its judgment necessitated by, infection, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention or technical failure or by force majeure or any other reason beyond its reasonable control.
10. Phillies Charities is a Pennsylvania not-for-profit corporation, which enjoys IRC Section 501(c)(3) tax exempt status and which raises money for distribution to charitable organizations. The Phillies is a Pennsylvania limited partnership, which owns and operates the Major League Baseball team known as the Philadelphia Phillies. While the two entities are affiliated, each is a separate legal entity, distinct from the other. Phillies Charities is conducting the Drawings at Citizens Bank Park with the permission of The Phillies, but Phillies Charities is solely responsible for the operation and conduct of the Drawings. A copy of Phillies Charities' official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free in Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement