Security GuidelinesBallpark Regulations and Security Measures
Heightened ballpark security initiatives continue for all games at Coors Field.
Major League Baseball security mandates include:
- Hard-sided containers including coolers, briefcases and ice chests are prohibited.
- The maximum allowable bag size is 16"x 16"x 8".
- All permitted bags will be searched prior to ballpark entry.
In addition, the following measures will be implemented:
- Presence of uniformed law enforcement at all games.
- Backpacks or other multi-pocket bags including multi-pocket purses are prohibited.
- Soft-sided, single-pocket bags or containers 16"x 16"x 8" or smaller are permitted.
- Security awareness training and emergency procedures review with the gameday event staff.
- Daily facility inspection by ballpark personnel prior to gate opening.
- All deliveries will be identified and logged.
- Metal detection wands may be used to make random security checks at the gates.
- Guests wearing coats will be asked to open them upon entry through the turnstiles.
- Express lanes will be available at each gate for guests who are not carrying any items, including purses.
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, or marijuana (medical or otherwise) in any form
- Non-alcoholic beer or similar items
- Glass bottles and aluminum cans
- Aerosol cans (including sunscreen)
- All hard-sided coolers and containers, regardless of size
- All hard-sided briefcases, regardless of size
- Backpacks or other multi-pocket bags including multi-pocket purses
- Camera tri, dual or single leg pods by non-media personnel. Video cameras are permitted as long as live game action is not recorded in order to protect Colorado Rockies local and national rightsholders.
- Bota bags, wine skins or camel packs
- Sticks or clubs (including signs attached to sticks)
- Fireworks, firearms or other weapons
- Bullhorns or noise makers
- Animals (except service animals for Guests with Disabilities are permitted)
- Beachballs, balloons and other inflatables
- Skateboards, rollerblades or shoes with wheels
- Stools or folding chairs
- Large squirt guns or super soakers
- Fish nets and poles
- Any fruit or vegetable larger than a grapefruit must be sliced
- Laser pointers
- Insulated coolers, cups and thermoses larger than 22 ounces
- Pizza boxes larger than personal size
- Plastic beverage containers
- Soft-sided, single-pocket bags or containers 16"x 16"x 8" or smaller
- Insulated cups or thermoses 22 ounces or smaller
- Food items in individual portions
- Any fruit or vegetable, grapefruit sized or smaller
- Still and video cameras (see "Cameras")
- Seat cushions and bleacher back rests
- Umbrellas (During the threat of inclement weather, umbrellas are allowed at Coors Field. In consideration of the safety and sight lines of others, please use only small, compact umbrellas (28" - 34"). Large golf umbrellas and umbrellas with metal tips are strongly discouraged.)
- Paper or plastic cups with permitted beverages
- Plastic baby bottles
- Baseball bats -- for the purpose of autographs; must be stored underneath the seats once the game begins
- Brooms - 6' maximum length
- Potato chip or nut cardboard cans with metal tops or bottoms
- Strollers -- umbrella-type that folds or collapses to fit underneath seats (larger strollers may be claim-checked at the gates upon entry)
- Motorcycle and bicycle helmets