In an effort to continue to provide enhanced safety to Tigers fans, the Tigers have implemented security measures at Comerica Park.
Here's what you need to know:
Upon entry to the ballpark, fans will have their bags searched and will need to pass through a walk through metal detector.
- Guests will need to empty their pockets of keys, mobile phones and other items before walking through the metal detector. Guests can opt out of the walk thru metal detector screening, but they will be subject to hand held metal detector screening or alternative screening procedures.
- It is suggested guests minimize the amount of items they bring to the ballpark.
- There will be no access to the ballpark from the Beer Hall or the Labatt Blue Light Jungle outside doors.
- No knives or weapons of any kind.
Fans are asked to arrive a bit earlier with security measures being implemented. If you have any questions, please contact Comerica Park Security:
- Online: tigers.com/security
- Text: text the word SECURITY to 39844
- Twitter: @ComericaParkOps
- Phone: 313-471-2000
- Email: Tigers.Security@tigers.com
Game Day Road Closures
As part of our security policy, all streets around Comerica Park will be restricted from any vehicle traffic. Road closures will be in effect approximately three hours prior to game time. Please review the map below for directions into Comerica Park Parking Areas.
Due to MLB security measures, the shuttle bus drop-off and pick-up location has been relocated.
- The shuttle drop-off / pick-up location has relocated from Adams St. between Witherell and John R to the curbs of Lot G along Park St between Adams and Bagley and on Bagley heading West until the parking meters begin.
- Shuttles can begin staging around Lot G at the beginning of the 7th inning.
- Space along Lot G is available on a first come first serve basis, space permitting.
- Shuttles are encouraged to use the specified location as it has been approved by the Tigers and Detroit Police Department
Comerica Park Permitted and Prohibited Items
All allowable bags and purses are subject to inspection. Guests will be asked to return all non-permitted items back to their vehicle. Guests who are caught in the ballpark with a non-permitted item(s) will have the item confiscated and may be subject to ejection. Items left at the gate are not the responsibility of the Detroit Tigers.
Permitted Items (after inspection):
- Baseball mitts/gloves
- Single opening bags smaller than 16" x 16" x 8" (including soft sided coolers, diaper bags, medical bags; bags cannot have a rigid interior or exterior frame)
- Cameras: still, video and Go-Pros if the lens is 80mm or less (tri-, uni-, or mono- pods are prohibited)
- Drink boxes, if you have children in your party or for medical needs
- Factory sealed clear plastic bottles of unflavored water
- Individual portion sized food or snacks (outside food is not allowed
- into the suites)
- Plastic baby bottles if you have a child in your party
- Seat cushions
- Small radios
- Signs and banners
- Strollers (umbrella-type that folds up and will fit underneath the seat, large strollers may be checked at Guest Services)
- Umbrellas-small collapsible umbrellas
Non Permitted Items:
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, mace, pepper spray, etc.)
- Animals (except approved service animals or service animals in training)
- Multi-compartment backpacks or any bag larger than 16" x 16" x 8"
- Baseball bats of any size
- Beach balls or other inflatable items
- Beverages (except drink boxes with children in your party or for medical needs)
- Bottles (glass or plastic; except factory sealed clear bottles of unflavored water)
- Fireworks, firearms or other weapons
- Fishing nets or poles
- Hard sided coolers
- Laser devices/pointers
- Liquid containers (glass or plastic; except factory sealed clear bottles of unflavored water)
- Markers and paint
- Noisemaking devices: air horns, bullhorns, thunder sticks, cowbells, bells, horns, kazoos, whistles and other noisemakers
- Non-baseball related signs
- Objects that can be used as missiles or projectiles: sticks, bats, clubs, Frisbees, beachballs
- Selfie sticks
- Skateboards, rollerblades, or hoverboards
- Squirt guns including super soakers
- Sticks, including signs attached to sticks
- Stools, folding chairs or back supports
- Umbrellas with metal tips and large golf umbrellas
- Unmanned aerial vehicle (i.e. drones)
Guests are encouraged to take non-permitted items back to their car. Items left at the gate are not the responsibility of The Detroit Tigers.