If a game is postponed due to a rainout, PLEASE HOLD ON TO YOUR TICKET!
An announcement will be made shortly on the rescheduled game.
View the calendar linked below for premium/regular/value game designations.
According to the rules of Major League Baseball, the home team is the sole judge as to conditions of the playing field, prior to the start of the game. The umpire-in-chief shall be the sole judge as to whether and when play shall be suspended during a game because of unsuitable weather conditions or the unfit condition of the playing field; as to whether and when the play shall be resumed after such suspension; and as to whether and when a game shall be terminated after such suspension. He shall not call the game until at least 30 minutes after he has suspended play. He may continue the suspension as long as he believes there is a chance to resume play. The umpire-in-chief shall at all times try to complete a game.
His authority to resume play following one or more suspensions of as much as 30 minutes each shall be absolute and he shall terminate a game only when there appears to be no reasonable possibility of completing the ballgame.
If a game is postponed or not played because of inclement weather or other reason, please see the Rain Check/Game Cancellation policy below.
Rain Check Tickets: In the event that 5 innings of one game are not played, except if the Tigers are in the lead at the end of 4½ innings, one of the following policies will apply:
- When the canceled game is rescheduled on an open date or as part of a split day/night double header with a specific start time for the rescheduled game, the original ticket will be valid for entry to the rescheduled game ONLY. (Exception: When the canceled game is rescheduled during the same homestand on an open date or as part of a split day/night doubleheader, the original ticket may be used for admission to the rescheduled game or may be exchanged for any future similar priced ticket in the next 12 months from the original game date, excluding Opening Day.)
- When the canceled game is rescheduled onto an existing game, thereby creating a traditional doubleheader where only one of the two games has a specific start time, the ticket for the originally scheduled game is valid for both games. The canceled game ticket is then invalid and subject to applicable exchange policy.
- If the canceled game is not rescheduled, this ticket may be exchanged for any future regular season game during the next 12 months at the value stated. Ticket exchanges are subject to availability and all service charges or differences in value are non-refundable. If an exchange is applicable, tickets may be mailed to: Detroit Tigers, Attn: Box Office, 2100 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48201. Please include a self-addressed envelope, contact information and desired game. Tickets may also exchanged (If applicable) at the Witherell Box Office. Tickets can also be exchanged by emailing [email protected].
Complimentary tickets may not be exchanged under any circumstances and are invalid for use at the rescheduled game. For more information, please call (313) 471-BALL (2255). Specific information regarding each canceled game is available by calling (313) 471-BALL (2255) or by visiting tigers.com.
In the event a game is postponed or canceled, the following parking policy applies:
- Onsite credit card purchases – Guests who parked in Olympia Development Parking Lots and Garages have 48 hours to call the parking office at 313-725-3848 to request a refund.
- Tickets.com purchases – Passes automatically update for the date of the makeup game. Guests who would like a refund will need to email [email protected]. Olympia Development Parking cannot refund or transfer these passes.
- ParkWhiz passes – Guests can get a refund by contacting ParkWhiz directly at 888-472-7594 or [email protected]. ParkWhiz passes will also be valid for the date of the makeup game. Olympia Development Parking cannot refund or reissue ParkWhiz passes.
If Comerica Park Gates open, food will be served for the picnic areas and party suites rain or shine.