Review the Angel Stadium security policies, including those regarding parking lots, permitted and prohibited items, and segway usage.
ANGELS SECURITY FEATURES
In correspondence with the Major League Baseball stadium safety regulations, the Angels have installed walk-through metal detectors at all ballpark gates.
Please review the information below regarding how to enter Angel Stadium safely and efficiently.
Angels Safety Screening
The items can stay on your person:
Belts, coins, wallet, watches and jewelry, shoes, jackets
These items will need to be removed:
Cell phones, cameras, sunglass cases, and other large metal objects are prohibited when going through the detectors.
FAQ: Security & Metal Detectors
Why do the Angels require the metal dectector screening process?
Major League Baseball is mandating the screening process of all guests upon entry into every MLB ballpark in order to increase and standardize security practices across the game. Fan and staff safety is a top priority for the Los Angeles Angels and we believe that the implementation of this practice greatly enhances ballpark security.
What can guests expect at the gates at Angel Stadium?
Fans with bags will have their bags checked at the gates. All fans will be asked to remove cell phones, cameras, sunglass cases and other large metal objects from their pockets before walking through a metal detector. If the device detects something, the guest will be checked with a hand-held wand, with further security follow-up, if needed.
Does this mean it's going to take longer to enter the stadium?
The Angels are making every effort to ensure this security enhancement doesn't slow down the process of getting into the game. Depending on the gameday attendance, fans may experience longer wait times. We will have extra staff on duty at peak times to help facilitate the quickest entry possible, and we highly recommend that fans come early to ensure they are in the ballpark prior to the start of the game. We greatly appreciate your patience.
What can I do to help get into the ballpark quickly?
Arrive early, know which items are prohibited, and avoid bringing a bag, if at all possible. Fans without bags can use Express Entry lines at each gate to bypass bag search lines and enter the ballpark as efficiently as possible.
Is this like the TSA at the airport?
The process looks similar to airport screening, but our equipment is specifically calibrated to identify larger metal objects, rather than small, non-threatening metal items like watches and belt buckles. Fans will not be asked to remove their belts, shoes, jackets, wallets or coins before passing through the metal detector.
I have a medical device that sets off metal detectors. What should I do?
Discreetly contact the CSC Security Guard and/or the Security Greeter at the entry gates. They are trained and prepared to help you with an alternative screening method.
Can I bring in a stroller through the metal detector? What about a wheelchair?
MLB mandates that all guests are screened prior to entry. Those with strollers and those with wheelchairs will not have to go through the walk-through detectors, but they will be subject to an alternative screening method in addition to the standard bag search.
Do metal detectors emit any electromagnetic waves that can harm me?
All Garrett PD 6500i walk-through metal detectors in use at Angel Stadium meets and exceeds local and international standards for electromagnetic emissions and immunity, as well as electrical standards used worldwide. For further information, please visit the Garrett Metal Detectors website.
- The Angel Stadium parking lot opens 2 1/2 hours prior to the start of the scheduled first pitch. No cars will be admitted into the lot before that time.
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited in the Angel Stadium parking lot.
- Charcoal grills are prohibited in the Angel Stadium parking lot. Only gas/propane grills with fuel valve turn-offs can be used in the parking lot.
- Unlicensed motorized vehicles (like gas or electric-powered scooters) are prohibited in the Angel Stadium parking lot.
Entering the Ballpark
- Any style of bag that measures 16" by 16" by 8" or smaller will be permitted inside Angel Stadium. All bags exceeding these dimensions will not be allowed inside the facility.
- All guests upon entry will walk through a metal detector at the gates.
The items that can stay on your person:
Belts, coins, wallet, watches and jewelry, shoes, jackets
These items will need to be removed:
Cell phones, cameras, sunglass cases
- Hard-sided coolers are not allowed inside Angel Stadium.
- All bags that meet the size guidelines will be subject to search prior to entry into Angel Stadium.
- There are no bag storage facilities outside of Angel Stadium. Bags that do not meet our size guidelines or refuse to be searched cannot be stored or watched by Angel Stadium staff.
- No weapons are allowed inside Angel Stadium.
- Only factory sealed plastic bottles with water, flavored water or sports drinks up to one liter in size, are permitted inside Angel Stadium.
- Aerosol spray cans
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any bag larger than 16" x 16" x 8"
- Banners/signs, over 3' x 12'
- Beach balls and inflatables
- Brooms, poles, and sticks
- Cameras with lens over 6", tri and mono pods
- Cans, glass bottles, thermoses
- Full size baseball bats
- Guests wearing costumes are prohibited from wearing any type of masks.
- Hard-sided coolers
- Knives of any size
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers, musical instruments
- Obscene language printed on signs and T-shirts, etc.
- Outside food (food brought from home or fast food, etc.) in all suites
- Pets (except service animals)
- Weapons of any kind (regardless of permit)
- Wrapped Packages
- Diaper bags (any size), child must be present
- Drink boxes or Capri Sun drinks that are factory sealed
- Electronic devices such as laptop computers and tablets are permitted as long as they do not interfere with other fans' enjoyment of the game
- Empty reusable bottles
- Halo Sticks (Angels team-issued only)
- Outside food (food brought from home or fast food, etc.) in non-suite seating locations. No bulk amounts
- Personal cameras with a lens less than 6 inches
- Personal-sized umbrellas
- Plastic water bottles, up to one liter in size (33.814 US fluid ounces). Must be a "store bought" clear plastic bottle that is factory sealed
- Segways (see the policy below for more information)
- Selfie Sticks are permitted as long as they do not interfere with other fans' enjoyment of the game
- Small TV/radios (must fit under a seat)
Angel Stadium Segway Usage Policy
The Angels strive to make every guest's visit to Angel Stadium enjoyable and accessible to persons with disabilities.
ANGELS BASEBALL PILOT SEGWAY® PERSONAL TRANSPORTER POLICY FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH A MOBILITY IMPAIRMENT (ABBREVIATED)
The Angels strive to make every guest's visit to Angel Stadium enjoyable and accessible to persons with disabilities. The Angels have established the following pilot policy regarding Segways and similar devices in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA") and California State Law.
Only individuals with a mobility impairment are permitted to operate a Segway or other similar device in the Stadium. Stadium personnel may ask an individual using a Segway if the device is required because of the individual's mobility disability and may ask to see some form of proof of disability or for a credible verbal assurance that the device is being used for a mobility disability.
To facilitate Segway users, the Angels encourage (but do not require) users to contact the Stadium in advance to coordinate entry, ticketing locations and access.
Segway users must enter through the Home Plate Gate, or a second entrance, designated by the Angels. Only certain elevators will be available for use by Segway users. This policy does not permit the use of any Stadium escalators by Segway users.
The Segway must at all times be operated safely for the user, the other patrons, the staff and the building infrastructure. Segway users must remain in control of their Segway and must exercise caution when turning corners, entering restrooms, stores, concession areas or any other enclosed areas. Segway users must operate their Segway at a speed no greater than, and yield to, pedestrian traffic, and must observe and obey all reasonable safety instructions from Stadium personnel. In the event an individual's use of the Segway creates an unsafe or hazardous condition, an individual Segway user violates these rules, or violates the Stadium rules outlined in the Angels' "A to Z Guide," the Angels reserve the right to take steps to mitigate the condition, including immediate ejection of the Segway user from the Stadium.
The Angels recommend that Segway users purchase tickets in one of the Stadium's accessible seating areas. Segway users may purchase tickets for up to 3 additional companion seats as outlined in the "Accessible Seating" for Guests with Disabilities section of the Angels' "A to Z Guide," including in the same seating locations as the wheelchair accessible seats. If more than one Segway guest will be in attendance together at a particular game, the Angels, at their sole discretion, may relocate users to the same section.
During games or events with high attendance and to the extent necessary for the safety of all guests, a Segway may be restricted to certain designated access points and areas. In such instances, Stadium personnel will designate areas that allow the Segway user to reach his or her accessible seats, designated restrooms, at least one team store (if the team stores are open for sales), at least one concession area (if the concession areas are open for service) and a Stadium entrance/exit.