Congratulations to our 2019 Liberty Bell Classic champions Lafayette College Leopards, who defeated University of Delaware, 7-5.
The Liberty Bell Classic was conceived in 1992 as a way for local Division I colleges to compete against each other in a tournament as well as an opportunity for the schools to play on the big league field of Veterans Stadium. The original eight schools were the University of Pennsylvania, University of Delaware, Saint Joseph's, Drexel, Villanova, Temple, West Chester, and LaSalle Universities. In the first championship game, the University of Delaware defeated Villanova University 6-2.
When West Chester University was reclassified as Division II, it was replaced by Rider University and Rider was then in turn replaced by Lehigh University. When Drexel's baseball program was dissolved after the 2003 season, Lafayette University joined the Liberty Bell Classic.
Originally all games were played at Veterans Stadium, but in 2004 games were played at local venues with the championship game being held at Citizens Bank Park. The first championship at Citizens Bank Park was claimed by Lehigh University as they defeated Villanova University 11-3.
- 2018 - Lafayette College
- 2017 -- LaSalle University
- 2016 -- St. Joseph's University
- 2015 -- Rider University
- 2014 -- St. Joseph's University
- 2013 -- University of Delaware
- 2012 -- St. Joseph's University
- 2011 -- Villanova University
- 2010 -- University of Delaware
- 2009 -- No winner due to inclement weather
- 2008 -- Lafayette College
- 2007 -- Lafayette College
- 2006 -- LaSalle University
- 2005 -- Villanova University
- 2004 -- Lehigh University
- 2003 -- Temple University
- 2002 -- University of Delaware
- 2001 -- University of Delaware
- 2000 -- Temple University
- 1999 -- Villanova University
- 1998 -- Villanova University
- 1997 -- University of Delaware
- 1996 -- Temple University
- 1995 -- University of Delaware
- 1994 -- University of Delaware
- 1993 -- Drexel University
- 1992 -- University of Delaware
For more information, e-mail [email protected] or call 215.463.1000.