The Pirates and Pirates Charities are teaming up with Chevron and The Grable Foundation to recognize outstanding teachers in our region and give them the thanks and acknowledgement that they deserve for their contributions to our community. We need your help! Nominate a teacher today who is making an impact in the classroom and beyond.
What are we looking for in an "All Star Teacher"?
This award is dedicated to honoring teachers who are making a significant difference in the lives of students across the region by providing engaging instruction and curriculum, encouraging lifelong learning, and inspiring a passion for education beyond the classroom and into the future.
Do you know a teacher who represents one or more of the following characteristics?
- Innovative: Uses unique ways to educate and inspire students to develop a curiosity for learning beyond the classroom.
- Outstanding: Displays a true passion for education and provides an exceptional learning experience.
- Worldly: Assists students in understanding that academic concepts are all around us and linking those with real-world lessons to make connections between school, community and work.
- Academic: Engages students in the classroom, preparing them for college and/or career success.
Eligible nominees include licensed, full-time, PreK-12 teachers in public schools within the following counties:
- In Pennsylvania: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Washington, Westmoreland
- In West Virginia: Brooke, Hancock, Marshall, Ohio
If so, please nominate them today for a chance to be honored!
Chevron, Pirates Charities, and The Grable Foundation will select six (6) dates throughout the season to recognize teachers in the following categories: Pre-K/Elementary School, Middle School, and High School. Winning teachers will receive a grant of $1,000 to be used in their classroom, tickets to a Pirates game, special recognition on the field, and much more!
NOMINATE A TEACHER
Note: You must be 13 years of age or older to submit a nomination.