You must sign a waiver stating that your dog's vaccinations from a licensed veterinarian are current. To avoid lines we encourage fans to bring a signed waiver with them to the game.
We recommend you contact your veterinarian regarding other vaccinations that may suit your dog's needs. All dogs must be leashed (no retractable leashes) and licensed. The Rays reserve the right to deny any dog or human entrance to Tropicana Field to the Dog Day at the Rays event for any reason they may see fit. Participants are expected to practice responsible pet ownership. Please come prepared to clean up after your dog.
- Rabies - given annually, but sometimes can be a 3 year.
- DHLP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Para influenza) - all given annually, sometimes referred to as the Combo Vaccination, especially when it includes Parvo.
- Parvo - given annually, many times this is included in the DHLP and indicated as DHLPP.
- Bordatella - given either every six months or annually. Sometimes referred to as: Kennel Cough OR Tracheobronchitis.
If you already have purchased tickets to a special event game and would like to participate in the special event, you can upgrade your ticket by calling 727-825-3406.
See if your dog is right for Dog Day with the Rays events
Yes! If your dog:
- Is old enough to be around other dogs and people (at least 6 months of age)
- Is up to date on all required vaccinations
- Is in relatively good health and can walk up and down several flights of stairs
- Does well on-leash and is not overly aggressive toward other dogs
- Is friendly toward humans and not excessively fearful
- Is a Rays fan!
Probably not, if your dog:
- Is still too young to mix with a big crowd (under 6 months);
- Is a senior dog that would have trouble navigating stairs and being outside for an extended period of time;
- Has aggressive tendencies towards other dogs or humans while on-leash (or off);
- Is a female dog in season
- Is exhibiting any signs of illness close to the day of the game (ie, cough, nasal discharge, lethargy, diarrhea, etc). These symptoms can be signs of potentially infectious illnesses and it would probably be best for your dog as well as the other dogs in attendance, if they did not attend.
Older dogs, dogs with short muzzles and/or dogs in general that are quickly prone to heat exhaustion should consider not attending this event or possibly plan on not staying for the entire game. Even though there will be cool water, heat can be a deadly factor for dogs. Water will be served community bowl style. If you require a separate drinking container for your dog, please bring one. Dogs cool themselves down by panting and are not nearly as efficient as us humans. Please keep the comfort and safety of your dog in the forefront of your mind when planning out this fun day at the park.
Rays Theme Tickets are not available to accounts that purchase with the intent to resell.