The Houston Astros are hosting auditions to be a member of the 2020 Coca-Cola Shooting Stars team!
We are seeking dynamic, well-spoken and talented individuals with drive and dedication to create a family-friendly atmosphere and interactive experience for our fans at Houston Astros home games. As a member of the Coca-Cola Shooting Stars, you will also have a visible role as an ambassador of the Houston Astros brand in and around Houston, adding a more personal touch to games and community events. If you're an Astros fan and this sounds like you, we encourage you to audition for the Coca-Cola Shooting Stars!
Saturday, November 23, 2019 | 9:00am - 3:00pm
Auditions start promptly at 9:00am. Late arrivals will not be admitted into the tryout and will not be refunded their audition fee.
Saturday, November 24, 2019 | The Final Round is by Appointment only
Minute Maid Park - Union Station
501 Crawford St.
Houston, TX 77002
- Auditions will take place in Union Station at Minute Maid Park
- Please enter Minute Maid Park at the Union Station entrance, located on the west side of the ballpark. Please reference the address above for an exact location.
- Complimentary parking is available in the Diamond Lot and Lot A on the east side of Minute Maid Park, adjacent to Highway 59. There are also a variety of paid surface lots around Minute Maid Park.
What to Wear
- Women's form fitting athletic wear (no midriffs, please)
- Athletic shoe of preference
- Performance ready hair and make-up
- Professional interview attire
- Interview-appropriate make-up
Advanced registration deadline is November 19, 2019. Walk-ups are welcome the day of the audition, but advanced registration is STRONGLY encouraged. To complete your registration, please submit your completed audition application, waiver, and $20 registration fee through the link below. Upon submission of your application, waiver, and registration fee, you will immediately be prompted to submit a current headshot via email to [email protected].
Your registration is not complete until you complete all of these steps:
- Submit your completed audition application with waiver
- Submit the $20 registration fee
- Email your current headshot to [email protected] While the headshot does not need to be a professionally taken photo, it should be taken against a neutral background. After submitting your application, waiver, and fee, please send your headshot to [email protected].
Walk-ups are welcome on the day of the audition but need to arrive early in order to fill out an application and waiver. You will need to bring your $20 registration fee and a current headshot in order to try out.
- Trust, Integrity and Excellence - Respect and understanding of representing the Astros brand
- Professionalism and maturity
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Positive attitude that exudes confidence and enthusiasm
- Ability to commit for a one-year term of service exclusive of other professional performance teams
- Appearing as an ambassador of the Houston Astros organization by participating in our in-game promotions and entertainment, community outreach and charity events
- Getting paid to be a part of the excitement and cheer of the Astros
- Creating lifelong memories for Astros fans
- Opportunity to experience working in Major League Baseball
- All candidates must be at least 18 years of age by November 23, 2018 AND must have already graduated from high school.
- All team members must have flexible schedules and be available for all team meetings, games and appearances during the term.
- Must be available to work at least 60 home games beginning on Opening Day of the 2020 season
- Attend ALL monthly team meetings and other team meetings as determined by the Houston Astros
- Available as needed for appearances as determined by the Houston Astros
- If selected to join the Shooting Stars team for 2020, you commit to attending all mandatory events, including but not limited to:
- A mandatory training session on December 14, 2019
- FanFest on January 18, 2020
- All additional mandatory dates will be given at the first training session on December 14, 2019.
Audition Process and Judging Criteria:
Auditions will be closed to anyone not auditioning. The first day of the audition process on November 23th will consist of a short dance routine, group interview and group activities. If you are asked to return for the second day of the auditions on November 24th, you will be assigned a time for a short individual interview.
Candidates will be judged on the following:
- Personality and enthusiasm
- Ability to positively represent the Astros brand
- Knowledge of the Astros organization and game of baseball
- Audition application
- Capacity to work in a group
- Dance and rhythm skills
For questions, please email [email protected]