For fans traveling by car, four major thoroughfares feed into and out of downtown in all directions: Pacific Highway, Interstate 5, State Route 163 and State Route 94/Martin Luther King Freeway. In addition, eight freeway on- and off-ramps service the area immediately around the ballpark. The Padres encourage fans to carpool to Petco Park.
Parking Near Petco Park
The San Diego Padres, in partnership with ACE Parking, offer a broad range of parking options at a variety of price levels and locations. More than 27,000 parking spaces are located near the ballpark in the downtown area. Of those spaces, 9,000 have been designated specifically for Petco Park fans. Padres Preferred parking is available directly adjacent to Petco Park at prices ranging from $21-$40. Fans should choose a parking location based upon the direction they'll be heading after the game whether it is to the north, east or south. The Harbor Drive footbridge makes it an easy walk from the Convention Center Parking facilities to the ballpark.
Pre-Paid Parking Options
The Padres and ACE Parking offer a variety of convenient pre-paid parking options. Guests can guarantee a space in the lot of their choice by purchasing parking passes by clicking the link below, from the Padres Ticket Office, over the phone at 619-795-5555.
- Tailgate Park (Padres Preferred Lot) -- $21-$35 per game. Entrance and exit to this surface lot is on 13th Street at K Street or Imperial Avenue between 12th Ave and 14th Street.
- Padres Parkade (Padres Preferred Lot) -- $21-$35 per game. Entrance to this garage is on 10th Avenue between Island and J Street. Exit from this garage is on 11th Avenue between Island and J Street.
- *Lexus Premier Lot (Padres Preferred Lot) *-- $26-$40 per game. Entrance to this surface lot is on 11th Avenue at Imperial Avenue. Exit is on Park Boulevard.
- Bayfront Hilton Garage -- $25-$40 per game. Entrance to this garage is on Park Boulevard at Harbor Drive (near Convention Center). Use pedestrian bridge to walk to ballpark.
- Convention Center Garage -- $17-$30 per game. Entrance/exit to this garage is on Harbor Drive (located under Convention Center). Use pedestrian bridge to walk to ballpark.
- Horton Plaza Garage -- $10-$15 per game. Located at 324 Horton Plaza. Entrances to garage are on F Street at 4th Avenue or G Street at 3rd Avenue. Present parking permit or Padres game ticket to attendant upon exit for discounted rate.
- 707 Broadway Garage -- $10-$15 per game. Located at 707 Broadway. Entrances to garage are on 7th Avenue or 8th Avenue just south of Broadway.
Garage and Lot Hours
All Ace Parking garages and lots open at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled start of the game. Padres Preferred parking locations open at least 3.5 hours prior to the scheduled start of the game. All garages, lots and premium parking locations will remain open until 2:00 a.m. following an evening event.
Drop Off and Pick Up
Drop-off and pick-up zones for guests are located on both the west and east sides of Petco Park. On the west side of the ballpark, guests may utilize 6th Avenue and K Street. On the east side of the ballpark, guests may utilize 10th Avenue and Park Boulevard. The drop-off for private charter buses is located on the west side of 14th Street between K St. and Imperial Avenue (enter on K St. side). Free bus parking is also located on 14th Street (no reservation required).
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
In support of its Green Initiative, the Padres have partnered with ECOtality to install five (5) electric vehicle charging stations at the Padres Parkade garage (10th Ave at J Street). Located on the first floor of the garage, these electric vehicle charging stations (240 volt AC input) are connected to the blink network (www.blinknetwork.com). The charging stations are available throughout the year (including ballpark events); standard parking rates apply.
Bike Racks are conveniently located at the corner of Park Boulevard and Tony Gywnn Drive, at the corner of Park Boulevard and 10th Avenue, on J Street at 8th and 9th Avenues, and across from the Gaslamp Entry Gate on 7th Avenue.