Royals Announce 2012 Ink Student Night and Local Music Showcase
$7 Tickets for Students, Live Music from Local Bands & Happy Hour Specials Every Wednesday Home Game
KANSAS CITY, MO (April 4, 2012) – Join the Kansas City Royals every Wednesday home game during the 2012 season for INK Student Night and Local Music Showcase. Student Night tickets are available for purchase in the Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield for 13 Wednesday home games for high school and college students with a valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $7. Seating is subject to availability.
Making its return in 2012 is the Local Music Showcase presented by INK Magazine. Every Student Night will feature live local music pregame in the Outfield Experience. Concerts will begin approximately one hour prior to the start of the game. Bands and dates are subject to change.
INK Local Music Showcase Line-up
- April 18 vs. Detroit - Beautiful Bodies
- May 9 vs. Boston - The Grisly Hand
- May 16 vs. Baltimore - Oriole Post
- June 6 vs. Minnesota - She’s A Keeper
- June 13 vs. Milwaukee - Dollar Fox
- June 27 vs. Tampa Bay - Quiet Corral
- July 18 vs. Seattle - Hearts of Darkness
- August 1 vs. Cleveland - Apples For Archers
- August 15 vs. Oakland - We are Voices
- August 29 vs. Detroit - Making Movies
- September 5 vs. Texas - The Good Foot
- September 19 vs. White Sox - Antennas Up
- October 3 vs. Detroit - Barclay Martin Ensemble
In addition to great seats and live music, fans can enjoy The Happy Hour Special on Wednesday nights at the Crown Classic concession area in the Outfield Experience. The special includes a hot dog and 12 ounce beer or 24 ounce soft drink for just $7.
For the most up to date information and exclusive interviews with the bands, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
For additional information, members of the media may contact the Royals Publicity Department at (816) 921-8000.