10.40 total genuine carat weight
90 grams in 14k
14 karat white and yellow gold
214 round diamonds
11 baguette diamonds
9 genuine orange sapphires
16 genuine blue sapphires
Every stone, every cut, every detail represents a piece of the story. The story of how the Astros won a championship for the first time in franchise history. As the World Champions ring was designed and crafted, each piece was purposely woven to signify a milestone, moment or piece of the Astros core.
The top of the Championship Ring illustrates how, when the pieces come together, HISTORY can be made.
- Creating the iconic "H" in the Astros logo are 11 custom-cut baguettes which represent the team's 11 postseason wins.
- The top of the ring is adorned with 101 diamonds, representing the number of regular season victories won by the Astros in 2017. When connected with the 11 custom-cut baguettes, the total diamond count reaches 112, the final number of wins the Astros achieved to become World Champions.
- Completing the top of the ring are 56 round diamonds, which encircle the logo and represent the 56 years of Astros franchise history prior to earning a World Championship.
The name side of the Championship Ring represents the contribution of each player to the Astros World Championship.
- The player's name and Astros wordmark frame the iconic Houston skyline, paying the ultimate respect to the city and fans who never wavered in their support for the team.
- The left field wall lifts up the city of Houston, a sentiment expressed by many fans when describing what this championship has meant to them and the community.
- The player's number is encrusted in diamonds, symbolizing the value of each individual's efforts.
The year side of the Championship Ring shows that the Astros are and will always be HOUSTON STRONG.
- The iconic phrase HOUSTON STRONG is inset in a beautifully contrasted yellow gold. Featured within it is the "H" logo, which symbolizes how the team and the city came together to make each other stronger.
- A single solitaire diamond sits in the top of the Commissioner's Trophy, representing the first World Series victory in franchise history.
- The iconic Commissioner's Trophy, crafted in yellow gold, rises from the center of Minute Maid Park, home of the Houston Astros, the 2017 World Series Trophy and all Astros fans.
- The Roman numeral LVI completes the side of the ring, paying tribute to the 56-year history of the Astros franchise that ultimately resulted in a World Series Championship.
The open sides of the Championship Ring tell the story in stones.
- Atop the ring's edge, 10 diamonds and one blue sapphire laid in a contrasting yellow gold channel tell the story of the club's rich championship history. When combined, these 11 stones represent the 11 times the team has made the journey to the postseason.
- Two princess cut sapphires, one orange and the other blue, are set in golden home plates at the top and bottom edge of the ring top. These stones represent Houston's unique achievement of being both American and National League Champions, a feat never accomplished by any other Major League team.
- Six round diamonds are set in striking yellow gold on the bottom edge of the ring top. These diamonds represent the six years Jim Crane has owned the team. The singular orange sapphire holds a dual meaning, representing not only the Astros National League Pennant, but also Jim Crane's first World Series Championship.
The arbor of the Championship Ring shows that it's what's inside that counts.
- The inside of the ring features a specialty arbor showcasing the results of each playoff series in the Astros playoff journey.
- The arbor of the ring features the organization's rallying cry, "EARNED HISTORY." It is placed so that, when shaking another hand, the recipient can see clearly that the Astros earned their World Series title and place in history.
As Official Championship Ring Designer for the Houston Astros, Jostens also partnered in producing a World Championship jewelry collection for Astros fans, commemorating the Astros 2017 World Series victory. Fans will have an opportunity to purchase from this collection exclusively at the Astros Team Store at Minute Maid Park and www.jostens.com/astrosfan, all season long. The collection will feature unique pieces of jewelry for men, women and children in a variety of styles and price points. Fans can purchase from this exclusive collection at a special pop-up retail location in Union Station Lobby immediately following today's World Championship Ring Presentation Ceremony through April 15.
Astros fans will have a special opportunity to purchase a limited-edition Astros World Championship Fan Ring, which has been specially-crafted to closely replicate the Astros players' World Championship Ring. Only 112 rings were created, one of which will be raffled off to benefit the Astros Foundation. Each World Championship Fan Ring will retail at the symbolic price of $11,112.00. The Astros won 11 postseason games en route to being crowned World Series Champions, which, when added to the Astros 101 regular season wins, totals 112 wins for the 2017 World Championship season.
The Astros have also created a special Houston Strong jewelry collection in partnership with Jostens. The net proceeds of these select pieces will benefit the Astros Foundation's ongoing Harvey recovery efforts.
Enter for a chance to win in a Houston Astros World Champions Ring!
That's right, one lucky fan has a chance to own a piece of Astros history!
One lucky fan will win the following:
- A Houston Astros Diamond studded ring with over 100 diamonds, personalized with your name!
- Four (x4) tickets for the Monday, Sept. 17 home game vs. the Seattle Mariners at 7:10PM CT. The ring will be presented on the field in a pre-game ceremony.
- A personalized Astros jersey.
This fundraiser ends Sunday, July 15th at 5:00PM CT and the winner will be drawn on July 16th and contacted by phone and email. Proceeds benefit The Astros Foundation.