OAKLAND, Calif. — The Oakland A’s Community Fund has provided $250,000 in grants to local organizations through its 2021 Grant Program. The A’s awarded 30 general grants to local organizations that support the greater Bay Area, as well as nine social justice grants to organizations committed to uplifting the Bay Area through systemic change, advocacy, policy reform, and innovative direct service programs to underserved communities. The A’s will recognize the organizations at the Coliseum during the team’s 6:40 p.m. game versus the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday, Sept. 8.
The following organizations received a grant through the 2021 Grant Program:
**General Grants: **
• Aircraft Carrier Hornet Foundation
• Alisa Ann Ruch California Burn Foundation
• American Red Cross Bay Area
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Oakland (RBI Program)
• Cancer Support Community San Francisco Bay Area
• Cinnamongirl, Inc.
• CityTeam Ministries, Oakland
• Community Bridges
• Covenant House California
• East Bay SPCA
• Gut It Out Foundation, Inc.
• Hispanic Community Affairs Council of Alameda County
• Inner Explorer, Inc.
• Just Hoop, Inc.
• Lend A Hand Foundation, Inc. of Northern California
• Meals on Wheels of Alameda County
• MK Level Playing Field Institute
• Mothers Against Drunk Driving San Francisco Bay Area
• Oakland Elizabeth House
• Oakland Technology & Education Center
• On-Site Dental Care Foundation, Inc.
• Positive Coaching Alliance
• Ride The East Bay
• Ronald McDonald House Charities Bay Area
• Running for a Better Oakland
• School of Imagination, Inc.
• Seneca Family of Agencies
• Service Opportunity for Seniors
• Tech Exposure & Access Through Mentoring, Inc.
• United Service Organizations (USO) Bay Area
**Social Justice Grants: **
• Acta Non Verba: Youth Urban Farm Project
• Alliance for Community Development of the San Francisco Bay Area
• Bay Area Community Services (BACS), Inc.
• City Slicker Farms
• College Track
• Community Kitchens
• Health Career Connection, Inc.
• Oakland LGBTQ Community Center, Inc.
• Student Program for Academic and Athletic Transitioning
The Oakland A’s Community Fund’s annual grant program provides grants to nonprofit organizations. Grants are typically awarded $2,500 and $10,000 and may also be provided in the form of in-kind contributions. All organizations are encouraged to apply, but priority is given to East Bay organizations who focus on the health and vitality of the local community, educational initiatives and programs, and youth sports support. For more information or to apply during future grant cycles, visit the A’s Community Toolbox at athletics.com/donations.