Atlanta Braves Foundation Awards More Than $550,000 in Grants to Local Non-Profit Organizations
Standing by our mission to serve community organizations in and around Braves Country, the Atlanta Braves Foundation awarded grants to local non-profit organizations. Through our charitable giving, the organizations will fund initiatives including after-school programs, health and wellness efforts, educational projects, athletic programs and much more. Held during a special grants reception, the Braves awarded over $550,000 in grants to 43 deserving recipients.
The Atlanta Braves Foundation celebrated another successful year of fundraising and community outreach through annual programs such as the Atlanta Braves Foundation Golf Classic, 50/50 Raffle, SunTrust Park Legacy Brick Program, State Issued License Tags, In-Game Scoreboard Messages various auctions throughout the season.
To celebrate the 2017 grant recipients, representatives from each organization attended a reception at SunTrust Park and were honored during a pre-game ceremony during the final series. Recipients were joined on the field by President of Business, Derek Schiller; Atlanta Braves Foundation Executive Director, Ericka Newsome-Hill; and Community Affairs Manager, Janet Sevilla.
Since 1994, the Atlanta Braves Foundation has provided support and resources to thousands of metro Atlanta-based organizations and has contributed more than 7 million in financial assistance to the community. Through the generous support of Braves players and staff, sponsors and fans, the Atlanta Braves Foundation continuously strives to improve the quality of life for our youth.
The Braves Foundation grant application process is now closed. Please check back in the spring to apply for a 2019 grant.
- 100 Black Men of Atlanta
- A Friend's House
- Advocates for Children
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta
- Camp Sunshine
- The Center for Pan Asian Community Services
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Cobb County Bar Association Community Fund
- Cobb Police Athletic League
- Cobb County Public Schools Educational Foundation
- Communities in Schools Marietta/Cobb County
- CURE Childhood Cancer
- Everybody Wins! Atlanta
- Extra Special People
- Georgia Lions Camp for the Blind
- Girls Scouts of Greater Mississippi
- Girls Incorporated of Greater Atlanta
- L.E.A.D. Inc.
- La Amistad, Inc.
- Live Healthy & Thrive Youth Foundation
- Must Ministries
- Tommy Nobis Center
- Sweetwater Mission, Inc.
- The Giving Kitchen
- The Path Project
- The Study Hall
- The Villages at Carver Family YMCA
- Youth Empowerment Though Learning, Leading and Serving, Inc.
- YMCA of Rome and Floyd County