The Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation Ken Kendrick Grand Slam Award application, powered by DonationXChange, is now closed.
Ken Kendrick Grand Slam AwardsArizona Diamondbacks Foundation
All applications received by 5:00 PM on November 30, 2022 will go through a thorough review process that includes Arizona Diamondbacks team players, executives and the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation Board of Directors. Finalists for the grants will be notified via e-mail by March 31, 2023 and the funds will be distributed in April of 2023.
To be eligible for a Ken Kendrick Grand Slam Award, an organization is required to:
- Be physically located in the state of Arizona;
- Have a classification as an organization exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code with a valid IRS Tax ID. Organizations without a valid IRS Tax ID must have a fiscal sponsor submit the application; and
- Submit the following information via a Grant Application:
- Agency Overview
- 501(c)(3) Letter
- Current Board of Directors Roster
- Current Financial Statements Approved by the Board
- Timeline of Services Implementation or Construction
- Program/Project Description and Use of Funds
- Target Population Information including client characteristics
- Program/Project Budget
- Outcome Measurements
Grand Slam Award Guidelines
- Typically distributed for large projects that are either construction/renovation, large purchases such as vehicles or programmatic in nature. These projects should increase the capacity or efficiency for the non-profit operation and should have a direct impact on the clients served.
- Awards fall within the range of $50,000 to $250,000. Please note there will be fewer opportunities for grants at the $250,000 level. Only apply for that amount if it is needed.
- Focus areas include homelessness, indigent healthcare and youth programs of all types. Other requests may be considered but should fall within the human services category.
- Organizations that have received a Ken Kendrick Grand Slam Award in the past are eligible to reapply; however, it is recommended the application be for a different program or project.
- The program or project must be completed and all funds expended within one year of the award date.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation Grand Slam Awards generally do not fund:
- Annual appeals
- Debt retirement, deficit financing, reduction of an operating deficit or replenishment of resources to pay for such purposes;
- Fundraising activities or fundraising events;
- Lobbying or legislative activities.
- Seminars, camps, festivals or other special events with limited occurrences